Taniaann Riv…, Renter in Miami, FL

Im looking to Buy a house to start a family. how should I start?

Asked by Taniaann Rivera, Miami, FL Tue Jul 30, 2013

Im looking for a 2 or more bedrooms house with backyard to start a family.
Im a First time buyer and my credit is good Grade B, my credit score is 700.

Answers

21
Tania,
I was wondering if you were successful in buying a home. If not, we would love to talk to you to see if we can be of assistance. Thanks
Taniaann,

I would be happy to assist you and take your through the process. Give me a call or shoot me an email so we may discuss your next step and how to insure the best rate possible.

Javier Olmedo
Contact http://www.naeba.org for a referral to an Exclusive Buyer's Agent in your area. EBAs are consumer advocates for the homebuyer, and there is no additional cost to you for their services.

Don't Let The Make a Monkey Out of You! Follow the link below.

Alysse Musgrave
Consumer Advocate
Exclusive Buyer's Broker
HelpUBuyAmerica.com
Hi Taniaann,

The first step is to get pre-approved with a lender. If you would like I can refer you to a couple of local lenders that work with first time home buyers.

Also, I am affiliated with http://www.FloridaHousing.org which is a program to help first time home buyers with closing cost. Should you want to know more information feel free to contact me at info@stephanieleon.net
Tania,

You are in a good place. Your credit score is definitely the place to start but it's only a beginning. Next part of that equation is for you to seek out a lender to see how much they will allow you to borrow and further more how much you would be comfortable paying.
You may not want to purchase a home that is the maximum allowed to be borrowed. This is really up to you.

let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Hello Tania Ann,

Since you already know your credit score, I assume you went to see a mortgage pro.
This is great - because knowing how much of a house you can actually afford is the first and right step forward - towards buying your 1st family home...

Once you know what you can afford, find a good agent (Trulia has a Find an Agent tool) or
just contact agents who responded here in this thread, have a sit down appointment to see
what type of homes/areas you like.

When choosing a home, make sure to check neighboring schools rankings, crime ratios, have an inspector check the house professionally, and don't ignore your gut feelings. If the ceiling is too low on the day of your purchase and you don't really like it - it'll stay low after you buy, and one day you might start getting annoyed with it...

Best of luck in your search,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Hi Hope your doing well! Take a look on my new website as it has up to date re sales as well as all the new developments in Miami. The site is http://www.exquisitemiamiproperties.com

Let me know what I can do to help you.

William Henderson
Hello Tania Ann,

Easy. First you would like to start by getting pre approved by a lender to know where your pricepoint is. Then you need an agressive agent, like myself, to assist you in finding you the best property that fits you criteria perfectly and works hard to get your offers accepted. I live in the 33143 area and would be more than happy to take my time to assist you and your family.

Thanks Tania Ann,

Victor Tarin
305.510.2782
vmtarin@gmail.com
Best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent to represent you. EBAs represent home buyers only, and work to get you the best price and most favorable terms. You can go to NAEBA.org for a referral to an EBA in your area.

I'm an EBA and I wrote a book called "Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You". It will be the best $6 you've ever spent. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!
Good Morning Ms. Rivera,

As you have already seen the responses, you will note that the majority are in fact giving you the true first step in getting a loan approval. With a very active real estate market you will be competing along with other qualified buyers and will need to have the loan approval ready to go when making an offer. To add extra weight to your approval you can ask your loan officer to provide you with a desk underwriting approval, which is a full loan approval leaving just the home you are seeking to buyer to clear the approval process. With a desk underwriting approval a seller of a property will see that you have take the steps necessary to show that you are truly approved for financing.

With the approval in hand, then you know the price range of home to look in and what you can expect as it relates to your closing costs and fees. Knowing this also allows you to be better prepared on the amount of funds you will need to have on hand to make your home purchase. Of course you next step is to find a realtor that you can work with that will listen to your home search requirements and has an understanding of what you seek in your home purchase. Trying to go it alone with an active market will make it difficult as you may not get the information on newly listed homes quickly enough. Homes that are properly priced in todays market are going under contract within a matter of days, so time of course is essential.

Good luck with your home search. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly, my office is in South Miami and I am very familiar with Coral Gables and surrounding areas.

Lila Lopez
RE/MAX Advance Realty
homesbylila@yahoo.com
305-772-2521
-
-
Step #1 - get pre qualified for a loan and loan program

Step #2- only take advice from those with perfect credit, who are successful and whose income is more than double yours

See programs below, then contact me to talk about how to minimize payments and reduce out of pocket costs.

1) 100% LTV- VA / (VA Jumbo @ lower ltv)
2) 100% LTV- USDA/12 mo. into Chapter 13 BK…OK Too
3) 99% LTV- FHA / (FHA to 580 score @ lower ltv)

4) 97% LTV- No monthly MI-No FHA 1.75% Fee
5) 95% LTV- CONDO
6) 90% LTV- No PMI -2nd Home
7) 90% LTV- JUMBO
8) 85% LTV- No PMI - Super Jumbo
9) 80% LTV- Invest./Rental
10) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals

--------STATED INCOME ALT up to Super Jumbo-----------
http://www.StatedIncomeALT.com
11) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop.
12) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals
13) 75% CLTV- Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure Forgiveness
14) 70% LTV- Soft and Hard Money
15) LOT/VACANT LAND LOANS
16) COMMERCIAL PROGRAMS-available nationwide

Go to: http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM or call 888-662-4404

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
#204296

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
====
Hi Tania

Start with a Bank or the many fine agents responding to your question.

You need to get pre approved and know the buying power.

Ruth
Web Reference: http://ruthandperry.com
First thing is to get pre-approved and find out exactly how much money you will need at closing. By doing this first you will then be able to search for a home that you know that you can afford.
Second, decide what you and your families necessities are for your lifestyle. Schools, work, neighborhoods, hobbies, etc. Life is hard enough when raising kids. You want to find a home that will work for your whole family. Narrow down your location and price range. Just know that there will probably be some hiccups during your home-buying process but it will be all worth it in the end. I wish you and your family the best.
I would seek out a good Realtor asking your friends and associates for a referral. As a buyer you may want to seek someone who has taken the time to get their ABR designation (Accredited Buyers Representative) from the National Association of Realtor. This will let you know they are serious about perfecting their skills as a buyers agent. You can visit http://rebac.net/abr_designation.cfm to look up an ABR in your area.

Best of luck!
Well the first thing you need is for a Loan Officer to help you pre-approve for a mortgage. I can certainly let you know exactly what documents are needed in order to pre-approve you. We can go over all your financing options, estimated rates, payments, closing costs and pretty much any other questions you might have.

I'm available anytime. good luck!

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(516) 740-4478 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax
Pretty good score, Taniaann Rivera. You should do two things first. Shop around for a lender. Also you want to shop around for a Realtor who will work for you. Many consumers neglect to take these important steps. But you should work with a Realtor who can help you save time and money.

Use Trulia and Zillow for scouting neighborhoods. Once you have an idea of how much you can afford and a general idea of where you want to live, you can begin actively looking.
A Realtor can help you with the house.
Starting a family is all on you!
Hi Taniaan:

I hope you are doing well ! Buying a house to start a family is one of the most important decisions and it would be our pleasure to guide you to this process. You can visit our webpage http://www.thegteamrealty.com and click on the Buy with the G Team for a detailed step by step guide of the purchasing process.

For now I can just inform you that the first step in the process is getting pre-approved for a mortgage to figure out how much is your budget. With the pre approval we can start searching for the properties that fit your must haves. Please send me an email to info@thegteamrealty.com or call 786.274.9499 (Nicolas) or 305.469.6280 (Ileana) . We can advise you in which loans will work best for you, etc !

Thank You
Hi Tania Ann,
Shoot me a quick email and I can help you get started!

Maribel Corey
Maribel@coreyrealtors.com
Tania Ann, start by getting a preapproval for a mortgage. They'll tell you how much house you can afford. Then call up a Realtor and start looking at homes. It's tough for first time buyers, so don't be surprised if it takes 6 months to get what you want.