Home Buying in Reading>Question Details

Mel, Both Buyer and Seller in Reading, PA

Im looking for an agent who's RE investor.Must be able to think A LITTLE BIT DIFFERENT and not be embarrassed to submit low offers

Asked by Mel, Reading, PA Wed Jan 18, 2012

Is that you? Looking for an agent that wants to be part of my team. Will need to be able to run sold comps, provide list of recent cash sales and submit frequent low offers, among other things. Our primary focus will initially be within 20 miles from Reading, PA and spreading to other areas of Berks County as resources allow.
I look forward to your response. Thank you.

Answers

2
Leila S. Mortaz’s answer
I don't see anything wrong in writing offers that are below list price. We do them all the time specially since we have experienced cases where our own Bank-Owned listings have been over-priced.

The criteria we use in writing offers that are below the Listing price are :

1) Days on the Market. If the property has been on the market past 30 or more days in hot markets, it could be headed to an auction. We recently secured a home for one our buyers with 78,000 below list price.

2) Cash Offers - In most markets cash still king, unless you are over-bid by 20 other offers. But if you are writing cash offer, most sellers expect you to pay less that competing contingent (Loan) offers.

3) Terms - If you are willing to close early, that's very valuable to corporate seller.

4) Contingencies. If you are writing clean offers without any contingencies and property needs a lot of work, that's valuable to the seller.

We always tell our buyers that List price is just a reflection of a seller's opinion. It should NOT determine the buyer's money rules. As a buyer your agent should give you enough information to justify your maximum price you are wiling to pay for a property and you should NOT move from that.

It's YOUR money rules and not your agents nor the seller's.
Hello Mel,

it will be an honor in working with you throughout these deals. i dont mind wbmitting offer that are low because my goal when working with you is to get you the best possible deal. i will go to the selling agent and fight for you. i will be looking forward in hearing from you so please contact me directly at my office at 610.898.6249 or email at emorales@c21gold.com looking forward in working with you