Home Buying in Inglewood>Question Details

Tasha, Home Buyer in Inglewood, CA

Im looking for a single family home for under 260,000. in Inglewood. Whats my first step in purchasing a home? Realtor or preapproval from bank?

Asked by Tasha, Inglewood, CA Thu Apr 22, 2010

no condos.... I believe the mortage may be cheaper than my current rent. The recently purchased homes in Inglewood links show homes that have gone for around this little ....hoping its a possibility... THX Tasha

Answers

7
The first step is to get pre-approved for a home loan to see what you can afford. Next is to contact us and we'll help you find that home!
Dear Tasha,
I normally work with a buyer and assist them in obtaining a Pre-Qualification from a direct lender as part of my service to the buyer.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 14, 2010
Wow, know I'm behind the curve, but I happen to believe an agent selection should come first and foremost. Primarily because I believe an agent can/should assist with all aspects of your deal, including (if you don't already have) a lender contact.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 24, 2010
Hi Tasha,

Are you still looking for a single family home in Inglewood priced less than $260K? If so, interest rates are at record lows and although ther is market competition, there's is plenty of inventory in Inglewood at that price point.

Once pre-approved I can work with you to determine your property specifications and desired areas within Inglewood.

It is definitely a possibility!

Lezlie Brazil
DRE #01748609
T (310) 991-4263
F (310) 861-0207
E lezlie@lezliebrazil.com
Web Reference: http://www.lezliebrazil.com
Tasha,

I agree with everyone here. Get preapproved first. Tough to write an offer without that preapproval letter.

Let me know if I can help you out in that department - I'm a direct depository lender (ie, brick and mortar bank)

Cheers,

Lou
Hi Tasha,

Your first step will be a loan pre-approval. Then you can choose a Realtor. And finally you will be able to begin your search for a new home. best of luck!

Matt
You definitely need to speak with a lender (or two) and go through the approval process. This will clarify the situation with regard to the amount you are qualified for, what your payments might be and alert you to anything that you need to take care of financially before taking this big step.

With regard to hiring an agent. Yes, this is important and don't fool yourself into thinking that you do not need one because you can view homes on the internet. Start interviewing agents but let them know you are working the approval issue. The agent can keep their eyes open for properties that fit your criteria. Homes you see today on the market may not be available by the time you get your financing settled. You want to be ready to write a contract if you find that great home.