Home Buying in Denver>Question Details

shocace, Renter in Denver, CO

Im looking for a place in Denver. I got money but credit not so good

Asked by shocace, Denver, CO Sun Sep 29, 2013

Im looking for a place in Denver. I got money but credit not so good. how do I find a place to live?

Answers

22
Hi! I would definitely suggest attempting to get a pre-qualification letter from a lender to give you some information about exactly where you stand with your credit score. The standard for most lenders is 640 or higher, but in some situations it could be lower. I would suggest contacting my preferred lender, Lainie Chambers. She is incredible and I've seen her first hand turn multiple clients of mine that had lower credit scores, still be able to get pre-qualified for $60-100K more than the previous lenders they spoke with.

Lainie works MAGIC! Feel free to give me or her a call if you would like further assistance to see what we could do for you.

Lainie can be reached at 720-495-2788

You can also reach me at 303-870-8855

Thanks and I hope to hear from you,

Gina Moritzky
We requite only a 580 minimum credit score! Call me if interested in getting pre approved!

303-226-1229

jjarock@commercemtg.com

Joe Jarock
Commerce Mortgage
8055 E. Tufts Ave suite 420
Denver CO 80237
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 7, 2013
There are a few options out there that might work for you. How much do you plan to put down? There is a local bank that I do business with that might be able to help. Feel free to contact me to discuss further.
FHA is definitely an option to purchase as long as your score is a 580 or higher you just need 3.5% down.
As I mentioned previously, and others have supported this idea - find a mortgage broker. The one that I recommend is David Ruch, New Millenium, 303-888-6114 http://www.real-estate-denver-colorado.com.
He offers credit repair programs, zero down, Rent-To-Own (while credit is being repaired), and several homes that have been purchased, improved, and put on the market at very reasonable prices. He is a one-stop-wonder, and I have used him, and recommend him highly. Tell him I said so.
-tedD
Hi Shocace:

I'm going to come down on the same side as most of the folks below. Get with a good lender who is willing to look at your credit situation and offer some solid advice. Sometimes brokers (as opposed to individual banks) can also help you find mortgage products that have the kind of flexibility you need.

Ron
Are you still looking to buy or need credit help? I work with some wonderful lenders that can get deals done most banks cant. Lets chat 303-506-7106
-tedD
I would be happy to recommend lenders and credit repair companies.

Rachelle M Paplow
Broker Associate, Realtor
Cherry Creek Properties, LLC
(720) 839-2659
http://www.aaahomescolorado.com
Get preapproved from a reputible company most banks will not do a lower CS. Best advice is to tt a MORTGAGE BROKER that can help you out. There are a few on these pages.

Are you looking to rent or to purchase. There are some programs and ways to help, and I would recommend getting some advice on improving your credit dependent upon current score. Most lenders want to see a 640
http://www.real-estate-denver-colorado.com/
David Ruch is a lender with lots of great deals on homes, for people who have money but not so good credit (he was very good to me, finding a property when I had no credit after a short sale). He is the very best - tell him I said so.
Or, you can contact me, tdubaniewicz@juno.com and I represent cash buyers that would love to place you in a home that would be a good deal for someone in your situation.
-tedD
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 19, 2013
You definitely should contact a lender.
I think the first step is to contact a lender. They will let you know immediately if you can proceed and if not, they will put you on a plan to get to a point where you can buy a home.
I suggest trying to get pre qualified and getting some advice as to how to improve the credit. Most lenders want to see a 640
You might try to find a rent-to own property.
What are you looking for and where and how much do you have to put down as a down payment?
Hello!

If you have the cash to purchase a property straight out that would be a quick close for you many sellers like this type of transaction. However if you do not have enough to pay cash for a property you will need to find a lender or seller financing. I would recommend a broker as opposed to a bank as a bank is a little more restrictive on their programs; a broker can market you to a couple of different companies to find the best deal for you.
The first step would be talking to a lender (such as myself) and seeing exactly what your credit looks like. In a lot of cases we run across people who think they have bad or not the greatest credit but sometimes its still enough to get you pre-approved for a home loan. I would be more than happy to talk to you and see how I can assist you in this process. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank You!
Michael Glist
I would suggest that you speak with a lender. There may be possibilities, but you won't know until you speak with a mortgage professional.
All of us here have connections and would be more than happy to pass on contact information, just let us know.
Best of luck
Chuck Strauss
Your Castle Real Estate
720-318-7598
denverhomeguru@gmail.com
http://www.denverhomeguru.com
If your credit score exceeds 640-660, you may be in the running for a loan. If you don't have money for a cash purchase, start with lender search. You may need to "heal" your credit. Pull a credit report (free
to you) and see what can be done.

Joseph Verbrugge
Gerretson Realty Inc.
720-301-0893
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 29, 2013
Shocace - what kind of place? Condo? What part of Denver? How much cash do you have? First stop should be to a lender. We Realtors can help you there if you haven't shopped for a lender.
Hello there,

If you're looking to purchase a home/townhome, the first step is to contact a Loan officer that can give you the exact place you're at with your credit score. I have several lenders that I would like to introduce you to and once you see what's going on, then you'll have a better idea of your choices.

Do you have enough cash to purchase? If so, credit is not a problem. I'd be happy to discuss the home buying process with you - my information is below and we can set up a meeting.

I'm looking forward to the prospect of assisting you.

Rochelle Landau
Cherry Creek Properties
303-502-4930
rlandau61@gmail.com
http://www.landau-properties.com