Home Buying in Oceanport>Question Details

Mark, Home Buyer in Old Bridge, NJ

Im looking for a decent town close or north of Red Bank I know nothing about monmouth county I looked at several houses in

Asked by Mark, Old Bridge, NJ Thu Sep 16, 2010

I really know nothing about Monmouth county I looked at several areas. what I didnt like were some neighborhoods Being parts of Leanardo ,Atlantic Highlands ,and Middletown I'm trying to stay in the 300.000 range without being surrounded by loud partiers and lower middle class bikers and trucks . Oceanport seemed nice but still unclear where to go I love being around the water , Not looking for something too recluse . also don't want to be butted up against my neighbors house , Can someone give my advice on what towns are the best , quiet with still having a quality house and neighborhood , Thanks

Answers

6
Leonard Dunikoski, GRI’s answer
Oceanport, Little Silver and Shrewsbury are towns you should consider. In addition the part of Red Bank that's adjacent to Fair Haven may have some homes in that price range. If you can afford to go a little higher in price, take a look at parts of Fair Haven as well; the elementary and middle schools are excellent, and they feed into Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School, consistently voted one of the best public high schools in New Jersey.
Old Bridge or Matwan are about 15 mins from Red Bank and two great towns I live in Old Bridge myself great school systems have Matawan train station voted one of the safest towns in NJ and downtown areas close by
Finding what you want at that pricepoint near the water, you're going to either increase your budget or move West. The land along the coast is very valuable thus the close proximity to your neighbors.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
Mark - Joan raises a good point regarding budgeting for flood insurance should you look at homes near the water. The cost for this insurance will vary depending on how close you are to the water source and what the elevation level is at the home site. Having lived in Oceanport for over 20 years now, I can tell you first hand that it is a great community. We have about 1/2 a dozen homes listed on the MLS right now that are under $350,000. We have a wonderful school system and a great summer recreation program for the kids. We're located within minutes of area beaches, shopping, and transportation to the city. I've always been able to count on care and support from my friends and neighbors in this town. I would wager that the same can be said for many other neighborhoods in the surrounding communities.

Patty Lipert
Heritage House Sotheby's International Realty
732-216-6917
Web Reference: http://www.PattyLipert.com
Hi Mark
If you are looking for a home in the $300,000 price range in a quieter neighborhood w/ a larger yard than what you have seen you will really have to look in land more than near the water. Oceanport is South of Red Bank & your choices will be limited. Keep in mind also that if you buy a home closer to the water you will probably have to get flood insurance when you buy so make sure you include that in your budget. If you want to stay on the east side of Monmouth County there are some nice homes with around 1/2 acre in New Monmouth , Chapel Hill & Lincroft sections of Middletown that might interest you. There are also some nice homes in Keyport , Matawan & Hazlet. If you need assistance feel free to contact me,I'll be happy to help you.

Joan Congilose CRS,GRI,e-Pro
RE/MAX Central
(732) 972-1000 ex:364
(732) 232-5277
Mark, I would be glad to provide you with information about this area. I have lived in Monmouth County all my life, and I am quite familiar with Red Bank and the surrounding communities. Middletown is made up of many different sections, some of which I'm sure would meet your needs. The Navesink section is quite nice as is River Plaza (both border the Navesink River). Oceanport is also a very nice town with sections that border the Shrewsbury River. Fair Haven is another very nice town. Please feel free to contact me directly and I'll be happy to assist you. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patty Lipert
732-216-6917