Home Buying in Elmont>Question Details

Lisa Saunders, Renter in Elmont, NY

Im looking for a 1 bedroom apartment by getting evicted is it going to affect it

Asked by Lisa Saunders, Elmont, NY Tue Feb 5, 2013

Answers

5
Hello Lisa.

What is the reason you are getting evicted is the bottom line? Also, where are you looking to rent?

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Thank you for your valuable time!

Oleg Volfman, CBR, RSSP
Lic. RE Agent, Office Manager
Quick Deal Realty, Inc
http://www.quickdealrealty.com
Office 516-599-5559
Mobile 917-685-0489
ovolfman@gmail.com
what area are you looking in and how many people?
Hello Raon Hassan.

Are you selling your home? If you are already working with an agent, good luck. If not, let me know and I can sit down with you to discuss how we can sell your property together.

Thank you for your valuable time!

Oleg Volfman, CBR, RSSP
Lic. RE Agent, Office Manager
Quick Deal Realty, Inc
http://www.quickdealrealty.com
Office 516-599-5559
Mobile 917-685-0489
ovolfman@gmail.com
Flag Thu Jun 19, 2014
Yes and no matter the answer you give, landlords always stick up for landlords despite what the landlord did or didn't do. Just like tenants stick up for tenants and fight to get lower rates for rents! Its never good to be evicted everyone loses....
Some of this depends on your reason for being evicted. If you had a dispute with the landlord, and had a valid reason then you might be ok. If you are being evicted for a reason such as nonpayment, then yes it will affect you with most major landlords who generally do housing court checks. Talk to a local broker who can help you find the right property
It depends on a couple of factors. If you are looking for an apartment in a building with a management company, then chances are the management company will reject you for an eviction on your record. However, if you have steller credit and good income certain management companies might allow it. My best advice is to try a private land lord. And if the eviction comes up, land lords are almost always persuaded by money. So if you offer something like 3 or even 4 months up front plus security, most likley they'll look the other way. It's the old saying... "money talks".