Home Buying in Detroit>Question Details

Lysergic84, Home Buyer in Detroit, MI

Im in love with this house; 16825 Princeton St Detroit, MI 48221 how do i know its a legitimate sale, and i wont get scammed?? how do i research?

Asked by Lysergic84, Detroit, MI Sat Jul 14, 2012

this?

Answers

4
Keith Dunn’s answer
The first thing to do is to go to Wayne county treasure and check for back taxes. You can go online to find out. You will also find out who the owner is. Drive by the property and inspect the outside. Make sure the utility line is attached to the house. Why, because if its not then there is a utility problem with that house. Call DTE... this could take awhile because DTE could have you on hold for some time. If you buy the house before you check taxes and utility then you bought the debt also. BEWARE of Quick Claim Deeds. Make sure if your dealing with the agent ask them if taxes are current and does the property have any utility issues. When you do see the inside keep in mind the rehab cost involved to update the house when you make an offer. If you have anymore questions email me @ kbed2000@yahoo.com

Good Luck
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 14, 2012
If you're not sure about a property, always ask an agent to look it up for you. If it is listed on the MLS, It's on the up and up. However, this property is legit. It is listed. If you would like to see the inside please give me a call and I'll schedule an appoint for you to see it.

Jeniece Hamilton
313-920-4513
Talk to a local Realtor! Helping people buy houses is what we do. Typically, the Realtor's commission is paid by the seller. You get professional representation at no cost. What a deal!
Yes this the real thing. The property is listed and is accepting cash offers.
If youn would like to schedule a showing please give me a call.
Bob Schweiss
Remerica Hometown One
(313)779-6188