Home Buying in New York>Question Details

Alvaro, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Im from são paulo Brazil, and im looking for a one bed, one bath apartment in East village, or soho.. cash 150,000

Asked by Alvaro, Brooklyn, NY Mon Jan 27, 2014

Answers

9
Sorry, but I think you'd need about 10x that. Healthy budget for a downtown condo (pending on what you're looking for) is closer to $800K-$1MM.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 27, 2014
Hi Alvaro. In your price range, there will be no purchase options for your budget in Manhattan. Would you consider Queens? It has great proximity to Manhattan via the subway and you will have a good amount of options in great locations. Based on your budget, you would be looking at Coops. There will be more needed than just your ability to pay cash. My questions would be your employment, post closing liquidity and in general how quickly you can establish yourself. Funds would need to be drawn from a New York Bank. Credit history is important. There is more to it than just paying cash. I would be glad to discuss your options and time frame to purchase.

Joseph Hastings
NYS licensed Associate Broker
Douglas Elliman Real Estate
joseph.hastings@elliman.com
Try looking in Staten Island. It is a short commute to Manhattan with mass transit!
Please contact me for assistance. My name is Erika and I can be reached at 917-335-8569. Thank you and good luck.
Dear Alvaro -

I think it's wonderful you want to move into Manhattan.. But I can tell you that even if there were such a thing as small as a 100-square-foot apt. in Manhattan below 147th street, it would be far higher than $150 thousand. However, I have an idea for you that could get you here to Manhattan. Please .contact me at mstock [at] StockPropertiesNY [dot] com.
im thinking about Brooklyn as an option,
what do u think ?
it has to be a calm and secure neighborhood
Flag Mon Jan 27, 2014
Hi Alvaro
That amount will be a good down payment , how ever you have to see where you can get a Mortgage as a foreign buyer
Hi Alvaro,

Glad you are thinking of buying. Max is right about your price point of $150,000 though, it's not enough to get you a property in the East Village or anywhere below 125th Street. I do know of other areas where this price point applies.

Please give me a call or send me an email and we can discuss further.

Karen Cheung
kcheung@citihabitats.com
917.334.9544
what about brooklyn ?
is there a calm and secure neightboorhood ?
i have cash
Flag Mon Jan 27, 2014
Hi.
I would love to work with you and show you what's available within your budget and then you can decide if you want to increase it or not.
Contact me at 718-216-6715 or email peta@calibernyc.com.
Peta.
Please give me a call at 646 523 3710 and we will discuss this further.
Jojo Varghese
Licensed real estate broker.