Casey Cornel…, Home Buyer in Green Bay, WI

Im buying my first home. Is there any thing i should look out for?

Asked by Casey Cornelius, Green Bay, WI Wed Apr 10, 2013

Answers

5
Mk & Associates, Inc.’s answer
As you look at homes think about what you are looking at(getting) to the value. You'll soon get a good understanding of how much your paying vs the condition of the home. Once you feel good about a home, make an offer and make sure you get a home inspection. That is the best way to look out for yourself.
As others have said, definitely get your financial house in order if you haven't already. Then go shopping for a Realtor. A buyer's agent can guide you through the process, inform you in unusual situations, and save you time, energy and money! Ask your family and friends for recommendations, and even conduct a few "interviews." Look for someone who communicates easily with you, and who fits your priorities. And congratulations for taking such a big step. Home ownership has soooo many benefits--you will love it!
Definitely shop for a mortgage first. If you don't have credit or your credit isn't good, I would look into FHA Loans. I would also look into FHA loans if you have good credit but don't have a sizable down payment. There are several options out there of course, and if you have excellent credit you could have mortgage companies throwing you offers left and right.

I was a first time buyer with the home I just bought. I love it, however, I wish I would have gotten a Multi-Family house. This can be a duplex or 3+ units. When you buy a multi-family you will be able to collect the rent of the other unit to go towards your mortgage. Since the prices of homes around here are so good you would probably be able to collect your entire mortgage payment and then some!!! If you are looking to maintain or enhance your current lifestyle I would keep an open mind to multifamily houses and duplexes.

If you have any questions or would like help or want more information, please let me know...

Curtis Morissette
Green Bay, WI
mandohouses@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 25, 2013
I would suggest that you start by getting pre-approved for a mortgage so you know how much of a home you can be looking for. This will also give you an idea of why type of mortgage you can get and then what type of home you can get. This also indicates to sellers & realtors that you are a serious buyer. If you would like me to help you get this step rolling let me know by contacting me directly:

Mandy Fritsche, Mortgage Loan Officer, Prospect Mortgage, NMLS# 557211
262-327-5700 Cell, 877-868-9198 Fax, mandy.fritsche@prospectmtg.com
http://www.MyProspectMortgage.com/mfritsche
You should look at a lot of homes and start asking questions about how old is this , that, pest report, look at the general condition of homes, and evaluate each home and its price, like on an excel spread sheet. You will eventually find that you can pinpoint which top 3 homes provide you the most value. Once you have narrowed it down to the house you like, ACT FAST, aggressively, then order a home inspection report, this will tell you everything wrong about the property, and a pest report if the house does not have one already. If there is significant work to be done, get estimates from contractors , then you should try to negotiate the price down, or have the seller get the work done, preferably you do the work, so there is no problem of quality of work done. Information is power, go compare houses!