Abe Mimi, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Im buying a condo hamilton heights for $ 530/sf . Any feed back ?

Asked by Abe Mimi, New York, NY Mon Oct 29, 2007

Answers

4
Adina Greenberg’s answer
There are 5 active condo conversions or new condo developments in Hamilton Heights. Prices are respectively $567, $594, $655, $708 and $584 per square ft.
It looks like you have a good deal with a price below these average at this moment. Al depending of course what kind of building you are buying in and the condition of your apartment.
But with prices rapidly going up in this area, it seems to me you did good.
Remember to completely read the HOA terms and conditions on all that can and cannot be done with the unit. The CCr's are critical to you.
I agree with Adina, the #s are correct, you do have a good deal. Enjoy your apartment, if renovations need to be done it's a good time to get contractors, most of them are on the bench waiting for work and keep it at a minimum, don't make it a money pit. Have a great Labor Day Weekend and congrats!!!!!!!
Hi Abe,
If you are not working with a Realtor who is doing a Comparative Sales Analysis for you, then you can do your own research online. Condo sale prices are public knowledge one the unit has closed, so you can look up other sales in your building that have closed recently to gain insight on what people are paying NOW. Make sure you only use the most recent sales as 'comps'! Good luck and let me know if I may be of service.
Amy Casey
nycrealestate@amycasey.com
"The biggest compliment I can receive is a referral!"