Home Buying in Jacksonville>Question Details

Victor Hodgi…, Renter in Jacksonville, FL

Im 26 and looking to purchase a house/condo.. What do I do?

Asked by Victor Hodgins, Jacksonville, FL Mon Aug 12, 2013

Answers

14
Get your last two years taxes together, most recent W-2 or pay stub, and the last two years worth of cancelled rent checks (or as close as you can get), then call me.
Thanks so much for all the replies
Good morning Victor,

First steps:

Meet in person with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for. Your Mortgage Banker will discuss the various loan programs, closing costs, and most important of all, monthly payment.

Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Aside all the self-promotion here.......

I recommend you get all of the financial documents, bank statements, 401k, pension data, car loans, and write down all of your assets and liabilities on 1-page. Start building a folder of all of your financial information so that you can have this with you when you find a mortgage person you LIKE! Also, ask the mortgage person how long they have been in their position, ask for references, make sure this is someone you want representing you on your largest transaction of your lifetime, up to now.

The first question out of a Realtor will be, are you pre-qualified, so make sure you are, but to do so, get your ducks in a row....

Best of luck to you,
Liz
The first step in the process is speaking to a GOOD Realtor who will introduce you to quality Lender's who they have great experiences with. I'm not talking about using Wells Fargo, Bank of America, etc... they, in my opinion, don't do a good job upfront.

All the lenders I utilize with my buyers, do a real Pre Qualification ensuring they are essentially treated like a cash buyer, because when we go looking we are truly ready to make the offer and all we need is the home, then it's submitted to the actual lender.

If you'd (or anyone else) would like more information on some of my preferred lenders that I've used and have consistently closed FHA loans in 30 days or less (from time of offer), feel free to contact me. We've also closed VA loans in less than 40 days! Can't do that with Wells Fargo or any of the "Big" banks...........
When considering a home purchase, the best place to start is by speaking to a lender to get pre-qualified. The lender will help you establish the price of home so you can target communities and home builders that have homes in your price range.
First step, get preapproved by a quality lender. Second, call me! :o)

Kind regards,
Maria Rodriguez
904-568-4820

PS - If your unsure on who to call for a lender.......friendly advice, dont call Bank of America! Dont call ditech either. I can refer you to an awesome, honest lender - but of course you can choose whomever you want!

Even if you dont contact me, I certainly hope you find the home of your dreams! :o)
You need to contact me to qualify you to get a pre qualifiaction letter. Then you go shopping. Call me tomorrow at 904.224 2337 ext 410. Andrew Saltman Bayway Mortgage Group
I always recommend Speaking to family and friends to find someone they did business with who they trust to help you. After all it is going to be your biggest purchase thus far in your life. Make sure you trust them and the people who advise and mentor you trust them to.
Hi Victor, First thing you want to do is contact your bank and ask for a loan officer to speak with. Then contact a Realtor to help you find a property and write an offer for you. Realtors are paid by the seller so Realtor help is of NO cost to you. It's that simple. A good loan guy and Realtor and you're on your way to home/condo ownership. If you need help finding a good loan officer let me know.

Have a Great Day

John Breen
Magnolia Properties
johnbreen@bellsouth.net
904 349 0082
If you are seriously considering a condo be sure to work with a lender who us experienced with the condo approval process. Condos are their own specialized type of finance type.
Keven Brennan
Kevenbrennan1@Comcast.net
Good Afternoon Victor,

Congratulations on starting your search for your new home. The first thing I would recommend doing is getting pre-approved by a loan officer of your choosing. This will help determine what type of budget you will have for your home search. After establishing a budget I would then recommend that you start interviewing agents that can help assist you with your home search. It is always good to interview several agents to help determine what agent best fits the needs you have. After you interview and select your agent, they should be able to set you up on a listing cart and you can begin your search. If you have any questions or would like more information on any properties please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks have a great day!

Ryan Ford P.A. Realtor
Watson Realty Corp
386-243-0511
904-495-4121
http://www.floridafirstcoastrealty.com
ryanford@watsonrealtycorp.com
The first and most important step to purchasing a home or condo is to get loan approval, or pre-approval, from a lender. You can do this even before speaking to a REALTOR. Once you've done that you will have a better idea of how much home/condo you can afford to purchase.
Interview agents to represent you, or "Google" them. The commission fee is paid by the seller and you will benefit greatly having someone on your side. That agent will likely have vendors to help you get pre qualified for a home loan, insurance agents and home inspectors to hep during the process to make sure you are getting the best deal.