Home Buying in Peoria>Question Details

Aznurse18, Home Buyer in Peoria, AZ

Im a new nurse ( LPN) i've been working 4 months, when will i be able qualify to buy a house and how much money should I have saved??

Asked by Aznurse18, Peoria, AZ Sun Aug 5, 2012

Answers

7
Once you get yourself situated financially, we would be glad to help you with the next phase! My wife and I specialize in Peoria and the NW Valley. Please take a few moments to read some of our client testimonials in our Trulia profile and see what our clients have been saying about their experiences with us! good luck and let us know if you need any further information or help! Thanks Chris
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 26, 2012
In most cases if you have been employed for 6 months and your credit score is in good standing, you would be able to obtain pre-qualification.
Also, you would most likely be looking at an FHA loan so you will need to have 3.5% down payment and an extra 2-3% for closing costs depending on if the home you purchase is in a HOA and/or if you can get closing cost assistance from your lender or the seller.
Flag Tue Jan 22, 2013
I can get you some information about your questions. We have special financing designed for Nurses such as yourself. Please call me so we can discuss in futher detail, Michelle White 623-815-2100 or feel free to email me michelle.white@bbvacompass.com
Hi AZnurse,
The first step is to meet with a knowlegeable loan officer who will not only know if you are qaulified to buy a house now but how much you are qualified for. If you like I can recommend one. You can also check out my website below.
Grace Adewumi
602-769-0890
gracea@realtyoneaz.com
house2buyorsell.com
To get the best advice for your personal finacial situation what ever it may be contact a good qualified mortgage broker, I use Jon Crawford at Academy Mortgage (602) 809-0202. Each individual will be different depending on your personal circumstances such as debt, income, how much you have saved etc. Once you qualify, I urge to be sure you have reserves built up in savings to accomodate you for the "just in case" situations that always seem to arise. Please feel free to contact me anytime to for further discussion.

Joe Del Re
Prudential Arizona Properties
602-920-5395
The Lenders want 2 years of employment history, particularly if you changed your job title.

There is no upper end to what you should save:
Set a goal for yourself; if you want a $250,000 house, saving 20% would mean $50,000 plus, $12,000 for Closing costs and 3 months gross income in a Savings Account.

It might be a good opportunity to adapt your life-style to a goal-oriented style: Give up the nights out, the movies, the pizzas, the new outfits, etc.
What's more important to you, the House or pizza?

Good luck and may God bless
Generally you will need two years continuous employment in the same or similar field. However I would check with a mortgage Professional to see what your options are. My lending partner is Leo Zuniga of V.I.P. Mortgage. You can reach Leo at 602-332-0420 or leo@vipmtginc.com. You may also call me anytime at 602-722-0026.

Kind regards,

Paul