Home Buying in Galveston>Question Details

Karen Peters, Renter in Galveston, TX

Im a first time home buyer. I currently rent and rather have a place of my own. Can someone tell me where to start?

Asked by Karen Peters, Galveston, TX Tue Oct 25, 2011

one bedroom small just me and my dog

Answers

11
Maria Morton’s answer
Look around Galveston for a Realtor. Ask to schedule an Initial Consultation. Find out about the Buying Process in your area. Find out what price range you may be looking in. Find out what's available in your price range. Ask the real estate agent to recommend a loan officer to help you get your Pre-Approval Letter.

Not all agents are accustomed to doing a Consultation with Buyers so look for one who is familiar with the concept. You need an agent with whom you feel comfortable as the HomeBuying Process takes a fair amount of time and you may experience periods of great joy, anxiety and trepidation. Try reading some blog posts by local agents. (Active Rain, Trulia, etc.)

Remember to have fun as you go through the process! Buying a home is a happy occasion!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 25, 2011
Dear Karen,
Thanks for the question. Well, the very first thing to do, it to make a decision on the area you want to live in. Once you are there, then you must find out exactly what you can comfortably afford to buy. You can go to the bank that you normally use and speak to a loan officer there..or..you can interview buyer agents who should be able to refer you to several excellent loan officers. After the financial details are taken care of, you can start working with a good buyer agent who will walk you through the process.
Best of Luck to you!
You may get a mortgage pre- approval form the Bank ,in order to get quick and best result you may talk to a real estate agent.
First-Time Home Buyer: The first advise to you is contact local realtor it's dedicated helping buyers fill their needs, that individual should be someone that's in the local community that is familiar and knowledgeable in the marketplace, in addition an agent that experience in locating the best mortgage scenario for their client.

Furthermore an Agent That Will Go the "Extra Mile "to Make Sure Your Best Your Best Interest Is Represented.

That experience agent would recommend you to go to mortgage broker or bank to first prequalified to see where you're purchasing ability is. Once that's established your agent would curtail your search within those parameters, so you stay within your budget.

First things first Contact a Local Realtor Now to simplify your quest, and your dream of homeownership. Please find my services available to you. Good luck, and happy hunting! Louis

Louis Salas
Broker Associate
Ryson Real Estate Holdings LLC.
Voice: 409.789.7676
Email: LS@TxBroker.Net
Good Morning Karen,

Buying your home is a very wise decision!!
Your first-step is to absolutely contact a loan officer . . getting information for a few loan officers, from a Real Estate Agent is a good idea. Real Estate Agents work with several different loan officers; and, can assist you in connecting with the right loan officer for you!! It is important that you, your loan officer and Real Estate Agent work closely during your home-buying process!!

Henry and I work full-time . . as a husband & wife team!! We would truly appreciate the opportunity to work with you ~~ during this Fun time in your life!!

All of our fellow Real Estate Agents are very knowledgeable with the Market in our area.
Please do not hesitate to contact us!
We look forward to working with you!!
Make it a Great Day!!
Karen and Henry Seale
Galveston Island Real Estate
Karen's Direct#: 409.770.4076
Email: Kseale2001@aol.com
Your first step is to find a lender. That could be a retail bank, broker or banker. They key for you is to find somebody who will work with you and give you the guidance you need. Also remember that just because the lender says you can afford X amount does not mean you want to buy at the very top of that range. It is definitely not fun being house poor. Good luck to you!

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com
Recommend contact mortgage broker and complete loan applications which governs how a Realtor can assist you

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Hi Karen -
LOVE to hear about renters making wise decisions! I would be happy to assist and guide you. I can recommend some wonderful lenders that specialize in helping first time home buyers. Please feel free to contact me and, once you are pre-approved for a mortgage, we can start searching for your perfect first home!
Hi, The very first step would be to contact a mortgage professional so they can assess your financial and credit situation, then pre approve you for a mortgage. getting pre approved first will help you shop with confidence and it will be necessary to make an offer on a property. Then contact a few buyers agents and meet with them. Choose an agent that you feel comfortable with and respect. Adter all it is a working relationship and if you are not comfortable it most likely won't work. Do yourself a favor and ask as many questions you feel necessary and get a copy of everything you sign.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Good advice from my colleagues. I'd be happy to help you, as well...I'm with Deem Realty. Look forward to talking with you.

June Middlebrooks, GRI
Agent
The first thing you should do is to contact a lender to find out what price range you qualify for based on your personal income and expenses. I am a Galveston Realtor and would love to help you get started on the adventure of purchasing your own home. I know Galveston well, and actually have a particular listing that would be perfect for you.
I'd love to speak with you further to find out exactly what you are looking for.