Home Buying in 75238>Question Details

Natanya.drey…, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Im a first time buyer. What can go wrong after lodgement of the documents?

Asked by Natanya.dreyer, Dallas, TX Tue Dec 4, 2012

I want to build on , but am afraid to waste monies should something still be able to go wrong after lodgement. I dont want to wait as it need to be done before builders holiday 14 Dec. Can anything still go wrong after lodgement of the documents?

Help the community by answering this question:


Sure lots of things can go wrong.
If you haven't signed a contract yet, call me before you do.

Here are some of the things I've seen go wrong.

You can search Dallas new homes at the link below.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 5, 2012
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX

Very good question, please feel free to contact me directly through email/phone I would be happy to send you over a number to a licensed real estate attorney. If you don't mind me asking have you asked this question to your own agent yet?

Keller Williams Realty
3xUS Army Veteran
Joseph Fernandez
cell: (817)975-7258
off: (817)635-1157
website: http://www.blissful-estates.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012
Natanya, You may not need an attorney. So, perhaps you can elaborate. Please describe what you mean about "lodgement of the documents". Lodgement (or lodgment) is not a commonly used term in our industry, at least not in the US. It may be common in other countries, such as Australia (so I have seen). But such a term also means judgment, so this is confusing.

Since you are a first time homebuyer, it would be best for one of the fine agents that have responded to your question to help educate you on the process. Also, any one of us can address your concern about the "builders' holiday season" and how that may, or may not impact the construction process.

Brent Rice, SFR and Top Recommended Broker
The Rice Group, Inc.
Website: http://www.ricegroupinc.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012
Hi Natanya,

Please let me know if you need a referal on a real estate lawyer.

I would be happy to share that with you.


JP and Associate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012
Hi Natanya,

You need to speak with an attorney who specializes in real estate.
It is also advisable to have a Realtor represent you in the purchase transaction with the builder.

Elizabeth Morgan
Fathom Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012
Good Afternoon Natanya,

I agree, the question you have may require the assistance of a real estate attorney. On another note, if you are not represented by a real estate professional, I would be interested in learning about your real estate goals, so please contact me anytime at 214-872-0400.

Providing Solutions Because...Your Move Matters!
Michael L. Brownstead, GRI, ABR
Ebby Halliday Realtors®
8920 Coit Rd., Ste. 100Plano, TX 75025
E-mail: MichaelBrownstead@Ebby.com
Cell: 214-872-0400
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012
You need to talk with a real estate attorney.

Turtle Creek Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Texas > Dallas County > Dallas > 75238 > Home Buying in 75238 > Question
Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer