Home Buying in Modesto>Question Details

Yesenia, Home Buyer in California

If you were looking to buy in the central valley...

Asked by Yesenia, California Tue Oct 9, 2012

and had a loan for $250,000k and had young children....where would you buy and why?

Iknow everyone has their own opinion, but based on your Real Estate Agent knowledge, can you please answer. Thanks!

Answers

5
Cindy Mello’s answer
Hi Yesenia,

In this market if you actually want to get a nice home, nice community for the amount you are approved at, you should look at Manteca. Ripon is a great place to raise a family with young children, just no inventory in your price range, same with Tracy and Mountain House.

That's just my two sense ; )

Cindy Mello
The Mello Group
Relax....we got it!!!
209-451-5446
cindymello@gmail.com
thanks cindy for your input. we are debating wether to buy in modesto or manteca. though we got approved for that much, we seriously do not want to buy a home for htat much as our goal is to have a low payment, yet have a descent home in a safe area. is that even possible without having to live in the ghetto? =D
Flag Wed Jan 16, 2013
Yesenia,

You will definetly get great answered, the biggest questions is what matter most to you and your children is more important than anything. Once you narrow the criteria of what is most important to you, then finding the right home becomes much easier and more specific. So what matters to you and your family most?
hi chuck... just wanted to see what answers realtors would put based on their knowledge etc...if it was up to me, i would buy in the peninsula because that is what is most important, but the reality is that the bay area is WAY over priced for the average joe. that is another topic though =D.
Flag Wed Oct 10, 2012
The setting of Mountain House transports you to a peaceful, relaxing environment ... it is a new city just minutes away from Tracy (no shopping centers in MH yet) and the pricing is a little higher than if you were to purchase in Modesto and surrounding areas. The crossroads community in Riverbank as well as Oakdale offers the feeling of country living with easy access to shopping with great school districts.

It all depends on what it is that you prefer.. do you need easy access to the freeway because you will be commuting to work or will you be working close to home?
hi marivel... from what i see, $250k won't buy much in mountain house though. plus, that area has been homes only for quite some time now. a certain amount of people ahve to move in order for building to take place... how many mroe people does it need in order for that to happen do you know?
Flag Tue Oct 9, 2012
Marivel Romero
REALTOR (R) Hablo Espanol

ZipRealty, Inc.
Licensed in CA, #01871830
marivel.romero@ziprealty.com
Toll Free: 1.800 CALL ZIP x8718
Cell: 209.606.7891
Fax: 866.921.3861
My Profile: http://www.ziprealty.com/agent/maromero
Flag Tue Oct 9, 2012
Hey Girlie,
Salida is a small little town that is very family oriented and is very much seeked. aslo Modesto 95355 and 95356 zip codes which are considered Sylvan district is nice to raise your children. I suggest you come down a weeken, check out the neighborhoods in the evening and get a feel for them. I have a 15 year old and a 17 year old and I have raised them in the Sylvan School district and am very happy I did :)
Yadira Arteaga
Excel Realtors
209-505-3918
hi yadira, thank you for all of your replies, i appreciate it a lot! is there much to choose from near enochs school? if so, what are the average prices in that area?
i like ripon, BUT from i am gathering, it is going to be hard to buy there, unless we have the $ on hand?
Flag Tue Oct 9, 2012
Ripon CA has a great school district and is a very sought after area in the central valley. Housing prices are higher here, but many of my clients feel its worth it.

Emily Ryslinge
Broker - Ryslinge Realty
http://www.emilyryslinge.com