Home Buying in Manhattan>Question Details

maryrleer, Home Seller in Hays, KS

If you take the house on 5024 Bramblewood Dr. and build it in the Bald Eagle area. Approximately what would it cost and what would taxes be?

Asked by maryrleer, Hays, KS Tue Oct 23, 2012

Plan on putting about $160,000.00 down.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1043426812-4063-Bald-Eagle-Dr…

Answers

3
Mary, you could currently purchase a home already built in the Bald Eagle Subdivision for less than building a new home.

The price to build a new home would have so many varialbles, cost of the lot, upgrades you put into a home, etc.

So, a more solid way of asking this question would be.....what do you qualify for and then you put $160K down, would the houses already on the market meet my needs?

Taxes would be different, specials would be different, 5024 Bramblewood is a new home without an established yard.

Is location you're more vocused on or price?

Send me a reply if you'd like more answers.

Julie Jones
Thank you for your comments. We have had a slight change in plans at this time.I have been looking for a home in that area. However we really liked the floor plan of the house on Bramblewood Dr. I had to have an extensive back surgery so I will be layed up for several months. We had planned on coming to Manhattan to check out a few more things but I can't be in a car for that long. We live in Hays, KS. We have a 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom, full basement, 2 car garage home. We do not have it on the market at this time because of unexpected medical problems. We would like to retire in Manhattan, KS. We are looking at down sizing. We are waiting on a transfer with my husbands job. I will however keep checking all the available homes. If you know of any thing with a floor plan like the Bramblewood home I would appreciate the heads up. I don't think we can do any thing at this time, beings I am home bound for several months. Thanks for your information. Mary r Leer
Flag Wed Oct 24, 2012
Mary,
I am one of the builders of 5024 Bramblewood Drive and find your question quite interesting but the answer would depend on several factors.
The home itself could be built for approximately the same cost in Eagles Landing however the total cost of the project would be determined on what the lot would cost in Eagles Landing and if the same finish was maintained if the house were reconstructed in Eagles Landing. The home at 5024 Bramblewood drive has a daylight basement. I am not sure that could be done because the terrain is different in Eagles Landing. When you are thinking of the taxes you need to consider the specials as well as the general taxes I believe the special taxes will be approximately $1770.01 starting in 2013 at the current site. . The general taxes are determined by the value that the county decides. The mill levy in Eagles Landing is less than that in Scenic Meadow because Eagles Landing is not in the City of Manhattan. It the home was determined to be the same value the general taxes would be less because of the lower mill levy.

Good Luck
Jerry
Hello Mary...You might want to talk to a contractor/builder rather than real estate experts. We could tell you how much it would be worth, but would be hard-pressed to tell you how much it would cost to build. Best of luck...
Thank you for the information. Who is a good contractor? We are not from Manhattan, Ks.
Flag Tue Oct 23, 2012