Home Buying in Centreville>Question Details

Wonderer, Home Buyer in Manassas Park, VA

If you have to choose between Centreville (20120, 20121) and Manassas Park (Bloom Crossing) which area do you

Asked by Wonderer, Manassas Park, VA Sun Apr 12, 2009

prefer? Please kindly give your advice/opinion. Thank you much.

Answers

4
I think you can get a better deal in Bloom Crossing in terms of a detached home with a garage, a bigger lot, near a golf course, etc for the amount of money you pay.

Important thing before making a decision will be to try to rate both locations according to your priorities. Everyone has their own, most common are the following: commute time to work, schools and special educational programs, places of entertainment, proximity to close friends' and family's, health care institutions, etc. The ratings would be very individual. Analyze what you like and why. Enjoyment will be a big part of calling a place a HOME!

All the best!
I live in Centreville, so I guess I like it here! As an agent, I can agree with what Cindy has said. Everyone has a specific set of reasons for picking a certain home. A good agent can help with that.
As far a property value goes - that is a very dicey prediction. True, at this very moment there are more foreclosures farther from the Beltway, than closer in. But, historically, that is how it has been. Closer to D.C. has always been more "bullet proof".

Both Centreville and Manassas have some great values now, and do not be afraid of a distressed sale. Find a good agent who has worked with the banks, and you can open up a whole new world of possibilities.

Jay
Web Reference: http://talleyhursthomes.com
You have to look at all the options and determine what is the right choice for you and your family. The type of home you would like to buy, the schools, commuting options and more play into a decision. What area I might like for myself might be very different for what you need or want.
Web Reference: http://cindyjoneshomes.com
I would recommend Centreville over Manassas Park. The foreclosures in Manassas have been very high, they have been driving down prices. I also think there are a lot more that will be coming on to the market over the next 30-45 days. Most parts of Centreville will also give you better access to all the major highways. Also once you cross over into Manassas Park it is considered Prince William County, Centreville is still considered Fairfax County. Homes in Fairfax County have held their value much better than Prince William County and I do not see that trend changing. Best of luck in your home search!

Zeeshan Kaba
I-Agent Realty Inc.
703-926-7215
Ask about our 2% cash rebate to all home buyers!