Home Buying in Tinley Park>Question Details

Mommy2Kiddos, Home Buyer in Tinley Park, IL

If we were looking to buy a bigger home in this market, is it worth it when our home is now valued lower than the price we paid plus the upgrades?

Asked by Mommy2Kiddos, Tinley Park, IL Tue Jul 31, 2012

We would have to sell our home to buy a bigger home, but the prices are great right now on homes that are bigger than ours. Are there any incentives for people like us? The home I saw and am interested in is less than we paid for our house, but now our house is valued at less than the home I am interested in.

Answers

2
In order to give you the best possible answer to your question I would need to know a few more details, specifically, do you owe more than your current home is worth. Feel free to call me at 708-710-8065 if you would like to discuss further. Thanks.
Well if your buying up, and your taking a loss, its just the market. The way you have to look at it is this, if your looking to buy now, and your taking a hit, you make up for that hit when you buy. Have an agent discuss your options. I would love to help.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Managing Broker/Partner, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696