Jess, Home Buyer in Orlando, FL

If there are two of us looking into buying a home, do we both apply for the mortgage? His credit score is far better than mine.

Asked by Jess, Orlando, FL Mon Sep 3, 2012

Answers

7
Both of you do not have to apply. It may help or hurt depending on your overall debt/income scenario. You will definitely want to speak directly with a good local lender who can take a snapshot of your overall scenario and give you advice as to the best direction to take at this point. There may be some minor things he can assist you with completing to better position yourself for the best rate and save you some money.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 1, 2013
No, you both don't have to apply for a mortgage. If his credit is better, has a decent income, job history, low debt to income ratio... then you may be better of with just him on the mortgage. I would suggest speaking to a mortgage broker to get the ball rolling in the right direction. If you need assistance with mortgage broker recommendations, please feel free to email/call me.

Cathy Starkweather
Realtor & Investment Home Specialist
01.407.274.8476 / cathy@jerrybarker.com

Cathy Starkweather
Realtor & Investment Home Specialist
01.407.274.8476 / cathy@jerrybarker.com
Check with a mortgage professional. Oftertime it is best to let the 'higher score/earner'
apply alone. If you wish for a referral to a mortgage professional, just ask.
Hi Jess,

No need for you both to apply for a mortgage, it all depends on your credit score and what type of loan you would be applying for. There are many programs out there for every type of buyer. Please feel free to contact me or e-mail me.

Camille Caserta
La Rosa Realty
407-876-7239
camillecaserta@gmail.com
Hello Jess,

both of you could apply together for a mortgage loan to buy a home. The lower middle score between you and "him" will be used.

If he qualifies alone, based on his credit score, credit history, income and assets then the mortgage could be in his name only.

Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience regarding your qualification for a mortgage loan, if I may be of any service to you.

Beate Rodriguez
Lic. Loan Originator
NMLS# 299 244

Beate.Rodriguez@HGFLoans.com
Cell: 954.695.4849
Hi Jess - If his income alone is enough to qualify you can both be on title without you on the mortgage. Feel free to call me to discuss at 407-405-1225.