blue_eyez44dd, Home Buyer in Hesperia, CA

If there are city fees due on a new house, is the bank required to post an monetary figure or can they just post city fees without a monetary figure?

Asked by blue_eyez44dd, Hesperia, CA Mon Jun 24, 2013

Answers

1
blue_eyez44dd;

You probably want to check with the city about this. If I understand your question correctly, the answer may be that the city fees are payable prior to the certificate of occupancy. These fees may be paid through escrow.
My uncle got a loan to build the house but needed more money and the bank wouldn't give it to him so he said they could have the house that he wasn't going to pay back the loan. The house wasn't finished yet so technecially the environmental and park fees weren't due yet. When my mom purchased the house there was an itemized list made of all the things that still needed to be done to finish the house with an amount. Then below that was a place that said permit fees and city fees without a monetary amount. Was it illegal for them not to put a monetary amount? Which in this case was almost $20,000. I don't know if this makes a difference, but the house was built on my mothers property.
Flag Tue Jun 25, 2013