Home Buying in Brentwood>Question Details

Brentwoodbuy…, Home Buyer in Brentwood, MD

If the seller pays all commission on a sale, is the buyer represented by a "cooperating agent"?

Asked by Brentwoodbuyer, Brentwood, MD Wed Jan 6, 2010

I'm a buyer looking for representation. I'm wondering what form of arrangement I will have with the agent. For example, will the agent present my offers or can I do that myself?

Answers

4
if you sign an agreement with agent they will be representing you and your interest. You can ask the agent to present when the offer(s) is submitted if you desire. An agent should explain agency dual, buyer, seller etc to you during initial meeting.

If you Hire an agent, he/she'll be presenting the offer on your behalf, however you can represent your self and present your own offer with out representation.

Sellers pay for the commission on the sale, usually between 2.5% and 3% of the sales price.

Seb
Brent,

As a buyer without and agent, count on the fact that you DO NOT have representation.......

It is not recommendat to venture into the arena of real estate without some type of representation.....either through your own real estate professional or an attorney.

Those that decide to "go solo" often regret it....................
that's something to discuss with your buyer agent. I have had buyers request to present their own offers, but mostly buyers like for the agents to do it.

but discuss that in advance with your buyer agent (yes, co-operating agent). I'm sure they'll be happy to include you in the process. It is, after all, your purchase.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL