Joimarie, Other/Just Looking in 08536

If the listing has expired how long does the For Sale sign be present in my yard. Do I take it down immediatly or call my listing agent to relist?

Asked by Joimarie, 08536 Fri Jan 27, 2012

Answers

6
It is up to you. If you want relist with the same agent, you can do it without taking the sign down. Otherwise, take the sign down right away. Someone will pick it up...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 27, 2012
If the listing is expired you can take it down and put it aside for teh agent to pick up, or call them to come pick it up immediately. if you had it listed once, why did it not sell? The 2 top reasons are it was priced too high or a lack of attention from your listing agent. Some times meting with other agents will give you an idea of what your property is worth and then only you know how much or how little attention you got.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 27, 2012
Have to agree with Gina - responsiveness is such an important quality in a listing agent and missing the beat as the expiry approached to discuss your willingness to and her strategy to relist is odd.

As far as the sign and/or lockbox remaining at your home, it should really be removed if the property is not actively listed.

Good luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Joimarie,

There are many reasons why listings can expire and I won't get into that in my answer because that's not the question you asked. However I'm amazed, maybe even a bit shocked that your home expired off the market and your agent never reached out to you prior to it expiring or the day it expired or thereafter and you are still thinking about calling that agent to relist?

Bottom line is you can take the sign down immediately. If the listings expired - the home is not for sale. Was your agent communicating with you at least once a week prior to it expiring? Do you know why it expired? Honestly if your agent just let the home expire with no warning, or attempt to relist it or sitdown with you to develop a new marketing plan, new price, etc., I wouldn't contact the same agent to relist.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Lattimer Realty
Is your house still for sale? LOL! If you aren't planning to stay with the same agent I would take the sign down. If it just expired in the MLS, you can be sure that you will start to get some calls from agents looking to pick up the listing. Talk to them. But also do some research and reach out to some top agents - or recommended agents - in your area. My hunch is if you are asking this question that communication between you and your current agent has been poor - a good sign that you need a new one.

Joimarie,
If a listing expires there was something wrong with the house, the location or the price.
If the listing agent isn't proactive and addressing these issues with you before it expires, there may also be something wrong with the agent. My advice would be to take the sign down if you can do this easily on your own, take a few days to interview some other agents and decide if you want to use that agent again or go in another direction. My suspicion is that another agent may serve you better.