Bruce Taylor,  in Knoxville, TN

If selling my home myself, what range of commission should I be prepared to pay a buyers agent?

Asked by Bruce Taylor, Knoxville, TN Wed Jul 24, 2013

8212 Timberview Ln Knoxville Tn 37919

Answers

12
Bruce,

Commissions are negotiable with the seller. They range from 2-4% and are determined by the extent of the work the seller requests.
For further assistance, you can reach me directly at 865.604.5083.

Chip Dykeman
Coldwell Banker Wallace & Wallace
Direct 865.604.5083
Office 865.687.1111
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 25, 2013
The agent for the buyer will realize the MUST manage both sides of the transaction, verify everthing, accept the blame if ANTHING goes wrong, protect a buyer who is choosing to skate on thin ice.....plus manage a big ego. I'd triple my standard fee.
-
Mack is on the mark by recommending that you consult the local brokerages on their co-broke fees. Since the fees for professional services can vary greatly from one area to another, it would be important to access information that was accurate to your region.
It's always funny to me, as a licensed real estate agent, to offer advice to people who want to sell their home without having an agent advise them . . . but, here I go.

You should inquire with local brokerages and ask them what they typically offer as a co-brokerage fee.

Any buyer is going to take into consideration the fact that you are not paying for your own realtor, and deduct that from their offer, so why not have the benefit of professional advice, the benefit of exposure on the MLS and marketing tools, and the benefit of experienced professionals to protect your interest and work to get you the highest possible price!
Really?
Flag Thu Jul 25, 2013
Funny, I have never had any of those things happen. Then again I have only bought and sold 16 houses in the last 25 years.
Flag Thu Jul 25, 2013
If your selling it your self How is anyone going to know it is for sale? And how is a real estate agent going to know you will pay a commission?

With US YOU GET MLS Listed on Every REALTOR Web site Every Real Estate Company Web Site. Less Time on the Market - More Money - Less Hassle - Fewer Reductions - More Multiple Offers.

Tina Mounger 865-748-6216 Steve Albin 865-235-1520
JustListedKnoxville.com
steve@JustListedKnoxville.com
Realty Investors
3 percent at least because the realtor will ask for it anyways and more than likely you will pay it so you can sell your home.
Bruce,
I thought that might be you and Leslie. Haven't run into you since the Top Chef. I figured Stephanie would do this for you. If it doesn't move while it is FSBO, I would love a chance at it. Email me if you want any advise, saundersrealtor@gmail.com.
Robert
They are all correct. However if you decide it doesn't seem like something you want to deal with. Please feel free to contact me at 865-227-6659. I am part of a successful Team and we have sold over over 100 homes in the last few years. I can help you with the price adjustment give info and suggestions on what to update if any to help you sell faster.
Thanks!
Travis Taylor
865-694-5904
Bruce,

Since I can get in trouble talking about setting commission rates, the best thing to do is to list your house with me!!

Seriously tho, when you do get it on the market, please send me the listing info at kennymcmahanre@aol.com.

Thanks and good luck!!
I think the best you can do is just put in your advertisement that you will work with buyer's agents and see what they ask. If it is something you can live with then you have a deal.

Also, Ron Thomas below is absolutely correct.
Web Reference: http://knoxcastles.com
No, we cannot discuss commissions over the Internet;
That would be a Federal violation!