Home Buying in Anchorage>Question Details

Tim.boese, Home Owner in Anchorage, AK

If one has a traumatic experience of fraud with agent, contractor or builder where is recourse for buyer in alaska?

Asked by Tim.boese, Anchorage, AK Tue Dec 4, 2012

Two words: Todd O'Banion

Help the community by answering this question:


I am so sorry to read you had a traumatic experience buying in Anchorage. If it is a Realtor , you can go to our Board of Realtors if the Broker does not respond. The builder and contractor should be licensed and I believe you can complain that was as well. Bad experiences reflect on all of us as an industry so I hope this helps!
Good Luck!

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 27, 2012
Haha. We did and he threatened us with his gun. No misunderstanding, we were mislead, lied directly to, bait and switched then robbed by his very organized criminal process. Our lawyer was very positive about our probability of successfully filing lawsuit and getting his licence revoked. Just wanted to warn others to stay away. Watchout for his apt maintenance workers...they aren't craftsmen nor builders. Many horror stories abound from renters who had him 'fix' water problems and structural issues. Not to mention their in pocket inspectors...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012
I have often found that many times Buyers and/ or Sellers have misunderstood what happens during a real estate experience. I have counseled those who are disgruntled with their (or someone's) Realtor to approach them directly and explain why they are upset. If they do not feel comfortable doing that, then speaking with the Realtor's Broker is another option.

This is a really good idea before spending money pursuing the money to pursue other recourse options.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer