Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

Cindy Carlson, Home Owner in Las Vegas, NV

If my name is the only one on the mortgage to our house, now, how do I get the deed to show my husband and I as joint tenants?

Asked by Cindy Carlson, Las Vegas, NV Tue Apr 9, 2013

My husband signed a quitclaim during a refi.

Help the community by answering this question:


Robert Adams’ answer
This is simple and any title company can help you do this. If you need a referral to a good title company let me know and I would be happy to help!

Best Regards,
Robert Adams
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 10, 2013
Nevada is a community state and that applies to real estate as well.
You can vest title to you husband and add him as a joint tenants. I will be happy to refer you
To title service that can handle paper work and recording for you. The fee is minimal and the service is great.

Call me at 702-612-7099 or email me at Rena@cvegashomes.com

Rena Levy
Certified International Property Specialist
Realty Executives of Nevada
702-612-7099 direct
Skype: rinalevy18
Web Reference: Http://www.cvegashomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 10, 2013
Hi .. That is called vesting . When you vest in title you choose how the deed to the property will read . Vesting often determines survivorship rights . To add your husband to title you will need to do so with the county recorders office . You will have to pay fees including transfer tax in order to record your husband on title as joint tenants . I suggest you speak to an attorney to determine your best vesting options . Please keep in mind that there are fees involved and just because he has title rights it does not make him equally responsible for the loan .you will be soley accountable to the mortgage holder for the life of the lion . Whereas your partner could walk away and stake a claim to ownership because he is on title yet remains totally unaccountable for the loan .
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
2 things - did you homestead your house?
also you can visit an escrow/title company in town and they can help you.
Or you can go down to the city @ downtown - on Grand Central look for the Pyramid and I don't mean the LUXOR : )

Phil Scheinman, ABR, GRI, E-PRO
Broker * Sales Agent * Realtor
Realty One
2831 St. Rose ParkwaySte. 100
Las Vegas, NV 89074
Direct: 702-580-9198
Fax: 702-614-9337
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
Go to a title company and have them make the title in both names.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer