Home Buying in Red Bank>Question Details

Theresab, Home Buyer in Red Bank, NJ

If my goal is to buy within 6 months, is now better, or should I wait for spring?

Asked by Theresab, Red Bank, NJ Wed Dec 3, 2008

Answers

5
Great to see you are willing to wait a little while. You have time to make sure all your credit and finances are in order. I recomend contacting a mortgage broker and find out everything you will need and how you should be set up
what should your Bank account look like?
Are there any 30, 60, 90 day late or collections on your credit report?
will lowering the balances on your credit cards help your score?
many more!
I understand you didn't ask about this, but I never pass up an opportunity to help educate people.
Theresab

You should only look for the areas of town you would like to live. It only takes 30-45 days to close after you are under contract. Make sure you speak to a loan officer before you start any home searching so they can put you inline of what price range you need to be in.

Mitch Grooms Atlanta Realtor

mitch.grooms@coldwellbankeratlanta.com
Hi Theresa,

The key is buying when supply is up and demand is down-which is now. Not to mention that rates are great! I have a feeling that there are many buyers who are are on the fence and are waiting until the spring. This could change the supply and demand theory, and you may not have as much negotiation power and more competition. Good luck in your search! If you haven't started working with a buyer agent yet, and would like a referral, let me know.
Theresa,

If it were me, I'd buy now. We know it's a buyers market now & we know rates are low now. We don't know what it will be like in the spring. Prices are predicted to rise next year. Why take that chance?
Hi Teresa, since you have decided you want to buy a home, it's good that you're asking questions right now about the best time to buy.

My answer is the best time to buy is when you're pre-qualified by a lender (so that you know what price range to stay in), you've set a target time to be in your new home, etc.

But it's never too early to start looking! Even if you don't buy until Spring, you can start the search process now.
I am noticing that some sellers are reducing the price of their homes quite a lot now, so you might get a good deal before Spring. It's possible in the Spring that sellers will list houses for more money because they will anticipate more buyers (more demand).

Now is a good time to check out Sunday Open Houses to see what's on the market right now. And, if you want to make an appointment at any time, feel free to call me. If you start looking now, you will get clarification about your own time line in buying a house. Also, if you need names of good lenders to pre-qualify you, please do call or email me!

Good Luck,

Liz Wilkerson
Crye Leike Realtors
240-5832