Home Buying in Dayton>Question Details

Kathy, Home Buyer in 45309

If interior pictures are furnished are they current?

Asked by Kathy, 45309 Mon Jun 21, 2010

Can old pictures from a previous sale be used? Should I inquire or is it standard to use current pictures?

Answers

2
Kathy could be on mkt long time,should be current pics,unless they did remodel and didnt take pics? yes I would inquire or go see it and then you would know.
Kathy,
In answer to your first question, not necessarily. A listing may have been on the market for a while, and the pictures were taken when the property was listed. In the meantime, the home could have been vacated. The opposite can also be true. I once had an agent from another company tell me she didn't bother to call to get showing instructions because the photos on the listing showed a vacant home. In the interim, the owner had put a renter in the property and she had a "24-hour notice to show" clause in her lease.

Many local Multiple Listing Services have a rule that forbids agents from using the photos from another agent who had the home listed previously. However, there is no guarantee that the MLS photos are current. Best way to know is to see for yourself.

Warm regards,
Maggie Hawk, REALTOR
(386) 314-1149
Watson Realty Corp.