Home Buying in Sammamish>Question Details

Nadeem Aziz…, Home Buyer in Issaquah, WA

If a mall and other retail establishments are built near one's property, what impact it has on the overall pricing of the property?

Asked by Nadeem Aziz Mian, Issaquah, WA Tue Mar 26, 2013

Answers

4
It depends of the type of mall or the type of business that are going to be place there. Usually having business around you increases your value. If you have more specific questions you can always contact me to talk in details.

Marta M. Rosario
http://www.imsellingflorida.com
Hi Nadeem,
It may increase the home's value and make it a more desirable place to live to be within walking distance to the amenities of the neighborhood; that's if it isn't looking directly over the mall/retail stores. However...it also may increase the traffic and noise on your street depending on where your home is situated which would make it less desirable.

Hope this is helpful.
Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
I agree with most of what has been said already. Without seeing the exact site, we are only guessing.

Good luck to you in any case,
Jirius Isaac
Isaac Real Estate Team
Champions Real Estate Services
TriStar Finance #MLO-107799
Office: 425-483-6849 Cell: 206-841-9976
Winner of Seattle Magazines 5 Star
Real Estate Agent Best in Client Satisfaction Award
Mortgage Loan Originator Best in Client Satisfaction
Web Reference: http://tristarfinance.com
Hi Nadeem,
There is a lot of planned growth and development still going on in the Issaquah Highlands. For local home owners it will be a mixed blessing. Many people have been attracted to the area for the easy commuting and walkability. As the Theaters and new shops appear the streets will be busier and there could me more evening traffic and noise, depending on how close you are to everything.
If this appeals to you, I would say as long as you know what to expect, you should be fine. If the added activity is not something you would enjoy, find a quieter spot, there are many available in the area.