Bakershalonda, Home Owner in Pennsylvania

If a house was listed as a SHORT SALE then suppose to be off the MARKET an now back on the MARKET how can that be.

Asked by Bakershalonda, Pennsylvania Wed May 23, 2012

Answers

9
Hi Bakershalonda,

It's common for a Short Sale to go off and then come back on the Market!

A Buyer could have put in an offer that was accepted but ultimately became impatient during the Short Sale long process and negotiations.

I'm available for all your PA Residential questions, renting, buying, or selling needs.

Gratefully,
Alexis Jeffries
Liberty Bell Real Estate
Of Jenkintown
Office: 215-885-3332
Direct Phone: 215-237-4147
Email: alexisjrealestate@gmail.com
Hi Bakershalonda, it is common. Just means something happened and it is now back on the market. The most important thing is that YOU can now consider making an offer.

Best of luck to you!

I have successfully represented multiple Buyers in the search for and purchase of short sales. If you would like more info, just shoot me an email.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
267.507.2287
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com
Banks do not actually place the home back on the market but will ask the listing agent to place the home back on the MLS When a seller agrees and signs off for a Short Sale the bank is given control to handle negotiations will the parties involved Working with an agent either as a seller or buyer that has experience with the Short Sale process can make a hugh difference with the success of a sale
The BANK will place it back on the market? Does that really happen. In my experience, the sellers are the one listing it, I've never heard of any banks being that helpful???
My experience with the time frame on a home listed as a Short Sale all depends on how many past due accounts, mortgages, taxes, liens, etc Sometimes it takes so long that a buyer simply finds another home to purchase while waiting to hear back from the bank negotiator Therefore the bank will place the home back on the MLS
Any number of things.... it's not all that uncommon.
Hello Shalonda,

Probably the short sale fell through and the house is back on the market. it usually happens when the buyer is not given realistic expectations of what happens in a short sale or the offer price is too low or someone did not know what they were dsoing.

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
VOTED BEST IN BUCKS 2010
NMLS ID 143960
If a house was listed as a short sale and then taken off the market it. It could be because foreclosure proceedings have started. Usually once the property is foreclosed on the real estate company removes the property as an Active listing because their listing agreement was with the home owners. Now that the original home owners have been foreclosed on the property becomes the banks and then usually the bank chooses to re-list the property for sale with whichever real estate agency they choose. Then they sign listing agreement papers with the new agency (sometimes it is the same agency that had the property listed before). I think sometimes it can take up to 3 months before the bank does relist it for sale because of paper work and legal reasons.

I hope this helps you.
The bank might not have accepted the offer is it could go back on the market .
Melissa leonard
Coldwell banker preferred
610-310-2666
Mleonard@cbpref.com