Kandi, Other/Just Looking in Redford, MI

If a house is 5 years old , should you still have a private inspection?

Asked by Kandi, Redford, MI Thu May 17, 2012

Answers

8
Yes, you always have a homes inspection even on new construction. I have inspection companies posted on my website along with their websites at http://www.pamsawyer.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 10, 2013
Absolutely.

In my opinion -- the purpose of a home inspection is not to focus on what is wrong with the home -- but rather, now to preserve what is right and to protect your investment.

Many people neglect the small details of a home and aren't sure what to do to preserve their asset, especially with outside preventative maintenance.

Much like owning a car where you have to change the oil and rotate the tires, a home needs love and care too.

Spending the time and money to educate yourself to the inns and outs of your home will pay for itself many times over. Do the right thing and get one :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 17, 2012
Yes always get a private home inspections. builders sometimes scimp on things
If i were buying a home, I would have an inspection done even if the house was brand-spanking new, and built by my mother's construction company.

New homes (or newer homes) aren't immune to problems... in fact they often have issues. There are very few circumstances I can envision, that would cause me to consider NOT having an inspection when purchasing a home.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
You should have an inspection done if the house is brand new. When investing in a home it is well worth the small amount of money the home inspection will cost you to make sure you are not buying a property with major problems.
You should not even toy with the thought of buying something that will cost you tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars without checking on its condition. Yes…get inspections of the house before making a final decision to buy it.
Absolutely!
Hiring an inspector is for your benefit. Should something be in need of repair or replacement, you can then ask the seller to remedy. If they refuse, you can then ask for concessions. All buyers should want to know what they are buying and what maintenance to expect in the near future. Knowledge is power and you never know, an inspector may find something that turns out to be a deal breaker. At that point, you can walk away with confidence and find a more suitable investment.
Do you think that a 5 year old house would be subjected to less wear-and-tear than a 5 year old car?
People have been living in it for 5 years.
The weather and insects have been beating it for 5 years.
The earth has been moving and settling for 5 years.
The wood has been expanding and contracting for 5 years.
Appliances and fixtures have been used and broken in the last 5 years.
Grease, dust, lint, hair and dirt have been accumulating for 5 years.

Are you same person you were 5 years ago?

Good luck and may God bless