Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

Dorothy Ross, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

If a house is not listed for sale but it has been empty for a year and it is being scavenged by litters how do you find out who owns it.

Asked by Dorothy Ross, Chicago, IL Wed Jul 16, 2014

Help the community by answering this question:


Get yourself a great realtor, Manuel Brown can help you, give him a call at 773.398.7460, he can find out what you need to know. We do 203 K renovation loans for properties like this and I would be happy to discuss this with you.

With warm regards,

Mary Kay Laurent
Associate Vice President of Mortgage Lending

o: 773.516.6859 - m: 312.403.4150 - f: 773.328.1740
3940 North Ravenswood , Chicago, IL 60613
NMLS ID: 870598

NMLS ID 2611 - NMLS Consumer Access - Licensing Information
State License Numbers: CA - CA-DOC870598 - 4130699, IL - 031.0032236 - MB.0005932, WA - MLO-870598 - CL-2611
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 17, 2014
You can search it in the county tax records online. There you can find the owners information and other property details.

Shaunta Gray
Coldwell Banker Residential
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 1, 2014
Dear Dorothy, additionally it might help to know what you'd like to do with the property. Are you just trying to gt it secured so that folks are not breaking in and scavenging it on a regular basis? Are you interested in purchasing it yourself? Or do you know someone who's interested in purchasing it?

The answers to those questions might help indicate where best you should start. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.


Christopher Thomas
Exit Strategy Realty
2235 W. North Av. Chicago, IL 60647
(773) 770-5947 (cell) (312) 577-0985 (fax)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 18, 2014
public records will help you!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 17, 2014
Web Reference: http://www.BJDHOMES.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 17, 2014
Cook county recorded of deeds in the net , very easy
puedes buscar en Chicago , el dueno de la casa en registro de escrituras
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 17, 2014
Look it up in the cook county tax records
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 17, 2014
Contact the county assessor's office they can provide you with the info. You could also contact a real estate broker who could potentially provide you with a ton of valuable info on that property and others within the same neighborhood. Call me if you'd like some assistance 312-342-2966.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 16, 2014
It is a matter of public record, here is the link.


You should also file a complaint at your alderman's ward office.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 16, 2014
Call me with address and I can find it. 773-406-7116 Norbert Mika
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 16, 2014
You can search the address on the county website. The owner information is public record.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 16, 2014
Ownership is difficult for public cans sometimes professionals. I suspect the property in question is in limbo . By that I mean vacant, abandoned.and waiting for bank to get foreclosure deed . You can also call me and I will do a search
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 16, 2014
Ask a real estate professional to research it. I will. Call me at 773-687-4692 and leave the address. Or email me at kcoyle@loenigrubliff.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 16, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer