Sarahbenalva…, Home Buyer in Bristol, CT

If I want to buy a home for cash and they removed the home from the market how would I make an offer

Asked by Sarahbenalvarez, Bristol, CT Thu Nov 17, 2011

Answers

4
If the house was listed with a realtor and you are being represented by a realtor, contact your realtor, put it together and have your realtor present the offer! If the owner has already accepted another purchase contract, consider making a back-up offer. Often buyers who do not understand the complexities of our financing environment are receiving pre-approval letters from lenders who end up turning them down for a variety of reasons---causing houses to come back on the market. If anyone wants a list of 5 easy steps to reducing stress in the mortgage process from a real estate agent with over 20 years of experience in Connecticut, send me a short email....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 26, 2011
Hello Sarah:

Your agent can help you with this, starting with finding out why the house is off the market.

Good luck with your quest.

Peter
You would need to find out why it was removed. If there is an accepted offer on it then it comes off the market. If an owner decides to not sell or if the listing expired, it comes off the market. If it is under contract then all you could do is put a back up offer on it in case the primary falls apart. If any of the other reasons then have your agent contact the owner or their agent to see if it is coming back or if there is a reason it is no longer an active listing. Cash won't make that much difference, in most cases, it helps but is not that big of a deal really.
A lot would depend on who owns it, and why it is off the market. A bank owned property would be very different than a private owner. If you would like some assistance with this, I would be happy to try to help as your agent. If you would like to contact me to discuss it, please feel free to call or e-mail.
Dan Ross
Century 21 AllPoints Realty
(860) 736-1002
dan@danrossre.net