Marc, Real Estate Pro in Fort Lauderdale, FL

If I plan on buying a home with a FHA loan, would it be better to not use a realtor?

Asked by Marc, Fort Lauderdale, FL Thu Apr 4, 2013

Answers

14
Lowell Sterling’s answer
In all transaction get sound advise by using a Realtor to negotiate your transaction. It seems like the person who did your pre-approval did not do a good job as they would have advise you and what steps to take what to asked the Realtor and what to ask the seller to provide to you.

Going shopping for a mortgage. It may seem backwards to shop for a mortgage before you shop for the house, but there are several reasons for doing this. Shopping for a mortgage will also help if you can get “pre-approved” for the amount you’d like to borrow. This means the lender has looked over your credit and financial statement and agreed to lend you the money. Sellers like pre-approved buyers because there’s less risk the deal won’t go through. First, you’ll find out how much you can borrow, which has a lot to do with how much house you can buy. Get my top 25 Questions for FREE that you should be asking your lender before you choose them to secure a mortgage

Give me a call and i will give you a minimum of 3 different mortgage including all cost and fees and yes when i pull all my buyers credit i do a thorough analysis to determine if by making some minor changes to their credit account would it improve their rates. Not only can I help you get a great mortgage loan, I also have the technology to ensure you can qualify with the healthiest credit file possible.

Whether you’re, buying, or building your dream home, you have a lot riding on your decision. Market conditions and mortgage programs change frequently, and I welcome the opportunity to serve your needs with quick and accurate real estate financing advice. I have the expertise and knowledge to help you determine the absolute best loan program to meet your objectives.

Ensuring that you make the right choice for you and your family is my ultimate goal. And I am committed to providing my customers with mortgage services that exceed their expectations.. As always, you may contact me anytime by phone, fax or email for personalized service and expert advice.

I look forward to working with you!

Lowell Sterling
Mortgage Banker
NMLS# 968898
LSterling@englending.com
16800 N. Dallas Pkwy, Suite 290 | Dallas, TX 75248
Office: 972-646-2411 | Cell: 214-418-7022 | Fax: 214-614-4637
Bank of England /dba ENG Lending: NMLS# 418481
Very odd question but I get swamped with first time home buyers (that are my clients!) sending me properties from Trulia and other internet sites that are not real listings or some of them sold a few years ago. Moral of the story if you don't have a Realtor using the MLS that can get you to a new listing the DAY it comes on the market, then you will lose. My last client just got a great home after 5 months and 7 offers. Imagine if that client was still calling on homes from the Internet !

Gary Hitchcock
Remax Professionals
561-213-2252
Just curious, what made you ask this ? How can you possibly benefit from NOT using a realtor? You NEED a Realtor to buy with an FHA loan. The Realtor will help you identify properties that can be purchased with an FHA loan, since not every property can be.
Marc (that's French, isn't it?)

I recommend you use a dentist, a renal surgeon, an online diesel mechanic or a plumber man but certainly not a Realtor. Sure, why should you use a Realtor for real estate related services?

Surely, it is very appropriate to use a Relator to assist you with your dental work, your kidney problems, your truck engine breakdown and your toilet malfunction.

Mark, please tell me you are not from Uranus...
Marc all I can say is ..... DUUUH. No meant rudly. What entered your mind ?
Who is going to represent your best interest and negotiate the best deal possible if you are not going to be using a Realtor. All properties that are listed for sale, with the exception of "for sale by owner" properties, are being represented by a Selling Agent. If you do not have a Buyer Agent representing you than the Selling Agent will be representing both side of the transaction. It is hard for anyone to represent both side and fairly negotiate a good deal for all parties involved. You need someone representing you exclusively. The commission is paid by the Seller side so it makes good sense to have an Realtor representing you. I am a full time top producing Realtor and I would be happy to be Realtor.

Barbara Easton-Irvin
Atlantic Properties
954-740-7855

check out my website at http://www.FortLauderdaleHomes4U.net
I think everyone already answered, but why wouldn't you use a service of a professional that is available for free?!
I am based in Lake Tahoe, and a lot of the time the homes are not even eligible for a loan, as for example they do not have a permanent source of heat, so you will waste a lot of time pursuing a loan, when from the beginning a realtor could tell you the issues that you may face.
Marc, the question should be WHY not use a Realtor?
You have EVERYTHING to gain by use a pro, and nothing to loose...

With enthusiasm,

Meir Aloni & Team

CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)

CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)

RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220 http://www.WeSellBroward.com
Marc,

I would say is imperative to use a realtor when purchasing a home , regardless if you will use a FHA or Conventional Financing. Having said that ,keep in mind that a lot of realtors are not familiar with the financing process , so when you choose a realtor to represent you MUST inquire about their knowledge about mortgage origination.
I will be happy to tell elaborate and tell you what kind of questions to ask in order to determine if they in fact are well informed.

Please don't hesitate to call me any time - I am real estate and Mortgage broker . Even though I can't represent you in the capacity of mortgage broker, at least you can benefit from my 17+ years of experience in the industry.

Iliana Ivanova
Real Estate and
Mortgage Broker
954-655-7375
Marc,

The type of financing you intend on using would not make a difference if using a realtor or not. However, it is always beneficial to use a realtor to help inform you of any specifics on the property that may or may not determine weather you can use FHA financing or not. A realtor will also help you with negotiations on your behalf and assist you with determining the value of the home of interest. Let me know if I can be of help.

Ryan Hanrahan
Christopher White Group
RKH5656@aol.com
954-608-0527
Marc,

You should use a Realtor any time you sell or buy property. Use the professionals who do this everyday to keep your best interest covered. Regardless of the loan type you choose...a Realtor should be involved. They can only help.

Tracy Hoyt
Hi Marc,

A good Realtor is worth their weight in gold no matter what the financing FHA, VA, or conventional. I support the best Realtors that keep their clients interests first and work closely with them in all price ranges.

Matt Tarka
Licensed Mortgage Professional
Serving All of Florida
888-246-9060 Toll Free
954-605-2450 Direct
954-343-8098 Fax
mtarka@clearmortgagelending.com

Clear Mortgage Lending, Inc
1301 East Broward Blvd
Suite 330
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
http://www.clearmortgagelending.com
Hi Marc
Most people use an agent. An experienced ethical agent can be a key player for you. The commission they receive from the listing commission would be paid to the sellers agent if you purchased without an agent.
Choosing the agent can be a challange. Most know the answers yu want to hear. Read the artilcle, Consultation Interviewing Real Estate Agents at Your-Road-Home.com. If you read the articles there in the numbered order you will become a savvy home buyer and will find the best buys in your market. Also read article #9 about the MCC tax credit. Best tax credit ever and you will find a link to Florida State's assistance for first time home buyers.
Trulia is also a good source of information. Gather up all the information you can handle then interview your key people, loan officer and real estate person. You will also find Trulia is a good source for finding agents and loan officers in your area who are offering their services on Trulia.
Best of Luck, Stephen
Is there a certain benefit that you believe would be achieved by not using a REALTOR with an FHA loan? The type of financing you choose is completely separate from using a REALTOR to represent, negotiate and advise you.