Nathan Sassa…, Home Buyer in Lewisville, TX

If I make a offer on a house and pay for an inspection and the seller sells it to somebody else, can I apply the inspection fee to anouther property?

Asked by Nathan Sassaman, Lewisville, TX Thu Mar 21, 2013

Answers

21
Nathan,
I was not sure from your question if you were using a realtor. There are a few steps in the process that need to be followed to protect you as a buyer. Please call me if I can help. I would love to talk to you about it.

Linda Martin
817-455-8811
Newton Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
Linda is a Rock Star! Call her!
Flag Thu Jun 13, 2013
Inspections cannot be refunded and shouls not be done until your offer is accepted. You can alwys re-negotiate the price if there are issues found.If you decide on another home I have seen inspectors give discounts to a 2nd and 3rd homes if needed...
Good Luck..
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 21, 2013
why would you think that? The inspector got paid for the work he did. Did n't you have a contract before you had the inspection?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 21, 2013
I would say likely not, it is the inspector that has performed a service for you and if you move on to another property and conduct an inspection there, then it is a new service being performed. If you use the same inspector he/she may apply a discount - worth asking.
You may need to reach out to the MLS board in your area. In addition, you may want to read over your offer, and check the terms of your agreement. Now if you are dealing with a government home, check the addendums they add after the fact, and see what is says about selling the home after your offer is accepted online or otherwise. The inspector, if he has done his job, has earned his fee. You may be able to discuss what happened, and they may work with you. However, there is no guarantee that someone will do another inspection on a completely different home for free. I have, however, heard of inspectors coming out to re-inspect the same house after repairs have been done for no additional costs.
Depends upon your relationship with the home inspector.

I have a great relationship with an inspector who will for one price prepare a second inspection. It is because of my personal relationship with the inspector. It is not common place.

http://www.AcquistoRealtors.com
no. who are you referring to? getting a credit from the home inspector or from the home owner of the next property you have your offer accepted???

I guess your referring to the home inspector.

not that it matters. you paid for an inspection, and an inspection was performed.
This is something you would have to work out with your agent as well as the Inspector. every inspection takes time and time cost money, usually an inspector might discount the inspection on the second property if you use the same inspector. I have a client right now who is going on her third inspection and we are working out a discount with the Inspector I use. If you have a Realtor who sends a lot of business to the inspector your chances are higher on getting a discount.

Buy/Sell through me and I'll move you for FREE*!!!

http://www.suhrperiorrealty.com
Suhrperiorrealty@gmail.com
817360146

*some restrictions apply, contact me for details*
First of all, you should not have had to pay for any inspection unless you signed a contract. I have to say, you jumped the gun in paying the inspector as inspection charges cannot be refunded. The home inspector did his job, took his charges, and left. So, there is no chance that your fees can be applied for the inspection of some other property. It is better for you to be aware of the fact that a home inspection is a paid service for a specific house and its fees cannot be compensated by applying them for inspection of any other house.

It will be beneficial for you to get advice of a respected, local, residential real estate appraiser when you start looking for another house. A reputed valuator will make you aware of the right terms, payments, and conditions that need to be fulfilled before you finalize a house and he or she will prevent you from making any unnecessary payments in advance. Apart from this, appraisers will perform valuation of your choice of house in detail and offer you a fair and accurate market value of your desired home. In this way, well-known appraisers will protect you from the deceptions exiting in the real estate market.
No. That is that inspectors fee for that home. I agree with everyone else..Please find a reputable Realtor®.
They will be able to help you with every aspect of buying and explain everything in detail.
The only way you should pay for an inspection is if you are under contract and in that case seller shouldn't be able to sell to anyone else.

Jason Todd

JtoddRealty@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://ToddHomesForSale.com
That is a question best suited for your inspector.
Sorry, but usually that inspection is a paid service for that specific house. I would advise you to work with a Realtor to help you through a purchase so you are protected against losing a house when you have won the bid/offer. Typically inspections happen after you have entered into a contract. You would have an OPTION period to get the house inspected and then either negociate for some repairs or walk be released from the contract, only during this time. I would love to you navigate through this process.
No. In this situation you will not be refunded, however this does happen, and sometimes often- it stinks, no other way to put it. However, there are many inspectors that will offer you buy 2 get 1 free deals... try and find those inspectors that offer such deals, that way if you do have to, god forbid, have a 3rd inspection done, you will at least get it for free.

If the inspection wasn't conducted, ithe inspector you paid for the service may allow you to apply the fee to another property..

Jade Realty Group, LLC
214-995-8982
You should not do the inspection until you have the house under contract, so the seller cannot really sell it to anyone else, unless you decide during the option period not to continue.

At that point the inspection is for that house.
If you want to buy a different house you would likely have to pay the inspector to do a second inspection.

I hope that answers your question, but please feel free to give me a call and we can walk through together.

Make sure you have a realtor on your team to help you through the buying process, including many vital questions such as these. As a buyer this is a service normally free to you.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
You obviously require a Realtor assist with you home purchase and address any and all of your concerns. Transferable inspection fee would not apply UNLESS you did not use their service for the orginal request of home inspection.

If you have an executed sales agreement allows you option period prior to seller wait for your decision but back up offers can be presented IF you don't continue the process based on terms and conditions

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Nathan,

I have been selling homes in the Lewisville Area since 1995. Our team sells hundreds of homes every year. We have a proven track record and vast knowledge and experience. I would like to speak with you so I can answer your questions after understanding your complete situation.

I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Jeff
972.539.6555
Jeff@JeffBrand.com
Chalk it up to the expense of doing business - the inspector has already done his work on the inspection is due his payment. On to the next one for you - perhaps if you use the same inspector he'll cut you a little break on his fee, no reason not to ask.

Good luck and best,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
No, each inspection report will paid separately.
The short answer is no. You really should be working with a Realtor. You should not pay and have an inspection untill your offer has been accepted. You may be able to talk to your inspector and see if he will give you a discount on another inspection, however since the inspection is for your protection he or she may not do that for you. I would be happy to represent you