Home Buying in Tampa>Question Details

Ryan Kluttz, Other/Just Looking in Louisville, KY

If I have excellent credit, but my husband has some old balances on his (but his score is in the mid 600s), will we be able to get a loan?

Asked by Ryan Kluttz, Louisville, KY Tue Jan 12, 2010

We don't have much to put down either. Probably around the 3% range.

Answers

5
yes you can get a mortgage..we are FHA nationwide lender.
MEGAMTGE@AOL.COM
516-479-5777 X5620
MR,CASTILLO
The mortgage professionals I work with say that with joint applicants (typically husband and wife) lenders will use the lower of the 2 scores to determine eligibility. Many additional factors come in to play and each situation will be different so you should contact several lenders to get pre-approved (not just pre-qualified). Good loan officers will work with you free of charge to help you improve your credit scores and enhance your likelihood of obtaining a mortgage. Additionally, depending on your income, you may consider purchasing in your name only and then adding your husband to the deed at a later date. Interview several Realtor's in the area where you are considering your purchase and choose one you are comfortable with and who will work with you throughout the home buying process.

Steven J. Pahl
Keller Williams Tampa Properties

813-319-6423 Office
813-763-7245 Cell

Steve@StevenPahl.com

http://www.StevenPahl.com
There is also 100% financing available - VA or USDA <- for rural areas, not in Tampa, but nearby. Please, let me know if you would like me to run a search for you.

http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeAction.do

Thanks!
Nicole Van Allen
yes he can ..wo do fha nationwide 580 score or better
freddy castillo megamtge@aol.com
Hard to say without going through the pre-approval process. FHA allows financing with credit scores of 620 or above.

FHA allows a downpayment of 3.5%.