Frustrated B…, Home Buyer in Milwaukee, WI

If I have a home inspection contingency in an accepted offer, what do I do if the seller won't let me in?

Asked by Frustrated Buyer, Milwaukee, WI Sat May 2, 2009

Answers

1
I hope you have a buyers agent and should follow their direction. The seller is required to let you inspect the property as outlined in the contract you submited. The time lines for the inspection and other contengentcies are tied to how the contract was prepared. Review thses time frames.

The choices that you have are:

Have your agent contact the other agent verbally to get it moving forward.

Send an ammendment indicating that if can not get in property you will place the seller on notice of defect

Send notice of defect , this notice needs to be sent prior to the expiration of time frames outlined in your contract. This will kill the deal if done withing the time frames.

Again discuss this with your agent. If the seller does not want you to inspect you need to be concerned. Your agent may have other approaches to address the issue but watch out for the time frames in the contract.

Keith Manson
First Weber Group
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Greenfield, Wisconsin