Home Buying in Tuscaloosa>Question Details

Lela, Home Owner in Alabama

If I decide not to buy a house now due to not coming to an agreement on the price, can I come back later and try to buy the house again or will I

Asked by Lela, Alabama Thu Oct 13, 2011

never be able to bid on that particular house again?

Answers

7
Hi Lela,

Yes, you can submit an offer later - assuming you don't lose the house to another buyer while you're waiting to re-submit. You should wait a month or two before re-submitting so you don't upset the seller and they reject your offer again.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 13, 2011
Good question Lela, and there are a few ways to look at this:
1. Yes you can come back and attempt again to offer a price the seller will take.
2. It may be sold when you are ready.
3. You need to get with a good Realtor who can help you and work for you!

If you need any further help or have any questions and you don't want to post on Trulia feel free to email me.
gwebb2001@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 14, 2011
As long as the home is fr sale, you cah always try again. I hope you're working with a buyer broker, if not you are at a disatvantage.

For more information on Buyer Brokering, you can read more about the advantages and why every buyer should use one at the following http://nchomesbylarryt.wordpress.com/2011/05/15/do-i-need-a-…

Best of Luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 14, 2011
Lela,

If the home remains available and is offered for sale to the public, you can make as many offers as you wish as often as you wish.

Please keep in mind that working through a real estate professional will greatly enhance you chances for success. Additionally, all offers should be in writing, include a deposit amount, and a "proof of funds" or "pre-approval" letter from your bank.

Knowing the trend for the local market shoul help prepare you to make a fair offer. Asking your agent to provide you with all recently sold similar homes and their sale prices may prove instrumental in presenting a successful offer.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 14, 2011
Well, by now you know you can make additional offers..............but I am curious as to whether this is a strategy you are using...or you're simply not willing or able to offer more and negotiate with them now.............or........ you're hoping they will reconsider your same (or lower) offer at a later date?

Will you be upset if someone else comes along and buys the house for a slightly higher price?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 13, 2011
You can come back later and submit another offer--provided the house hasn't already sold by then. In fact, I've had sellers, who rejected my offers, to contact me later to see if I were still interested in their properties.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 13, 2011
Yes you can come back later and bid on the house again. I would definately give it some time before you bid again though, otherwise you just might irritate the seller.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 13, 2011