Home Buying in Laguna Woods>Question Details

hillarymande…, Home Buyer in Laguna Woods, CA

If I buy in Laguna Woods for $100-$200k cash, how easy is it to rent it out for 5 years?

Asked by hillarymandelbaum, Laguna Woods, CA Fri Jun 29, 2012

Logan Surgeson

Answers

5
New rules allow for 12 month rentals in all areas of Laguna Woods. Properties in the $100k to $200K are available and should be able to maintain a renter for 5 years easily. Jim 949-462-9891
You got the basics...

Co-op - 6 months max lease term,
Condo - no limit on lease term.

Another difference is price, co-ops are the very low priced homes you see online, under and just over $100,000 I believe. You will likely want to avoid 'the towers' due to very high HOAs of over $1,000/month. Condos are priced much higher at 'normal' market rates.

Good luck with your search,

Brian Wilson, Realtor
DRE# 01321478
949-933-0852
Brian, you are not correct about the Towers. The monthly fee is a fabulous deal as it includes weekly maid, all utilities, cable TV, restaurant quality dinner 365 days a year,activities in the towers such as bridge, etc., and so much more. Everything but the telephone and $18 a month for internet if you want that.
Flag Wed Aug 15, 2012
Hilary,

There are a few different types of ownership which are available in Laguna Woods Village, one being a co-op which has very specific restrictions only allowing you to rent the manor for 6 months in a 12 month period of time. for your specific need of renting the manor out for 5 years you will only want to look at the ownership of a condo and not a co-op, taking ownership of a condo allows you to rent the unit out for extended amounts of time. Now to the part of how easy it is to rent it out, of course the ease of renting hinges of many variables such as price per month, condition, deposit amount required etc... however with this being Laguna Woods Village a premiere age restricted community packed with ameneties the demand for rentals is definetely there. If you have a particular model of a home you are looking for or a certain criteria i.e. 2 bed, 2 bath no less thant 1200 S.F. but no more than 1500 S.F. I am more than happy research the current market conditions to see about what kind of monthly rent units within your criteria are fetching so you can make the best decision to reach your real estate goals. Please feel free to contact me at:

BrettRoll@Live.com
949-616-9463
DRE Lic# 01896764
In Laguna Woods there are Condo's and Coop's. Condo's rent year round and coops can only be rented 6 months out of the year. Renting a condo in there is not a problem. We have several that we manage. If you would like more information give me a call or shoot me an email and I will be glad to give you rental comps to help in making your decision.

Lori Hanson
OC Homes Realty
estatepricing@yahoo.com
714-585-5236 Cell
DRE 01405146
If you buy a condo in Laguna Woods, you can rent the home long term. There is a high demand for rentals right now in the Village. If you allow pets, there will be a higher demand.