thechrisarms…, Both Buyer and Seller in Houston, TX

If I buy a house which is livable in "as is" would it make more sense to do a rebuild or a remodel? What are the costs?

Asked by thechrisarmstrong, Houston, TX Fri Apr 4, 2014

Home was build in 1950's and was updated and added on to in 1980's. Property is not going to be listed.

Answers

5
The haunted house on Victoria drive was purchased for $1,105,000.

It was torn down last month.

That 'big water' view apparently was a factor. Something tells me the castle being erected in its place will be valued higher than $1,105,000.

I'm sure you are aware you question can not be answered.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Depends on your particular preference. If you would like to retain the charm of the older style home with modern convenience, your answer is remodel. If you are looking for a location and do not care much for the structure on the land, then a complete rebuild would be in order.
A house is your castle and like everything in life you want to put your personal stamp on it. I would get a quote from 3 builders as to what it would cost to tear down and build a new as well as what it will cost to upgrade to your style and always factor in 20% cost over run from the quote. Are you shopping for a Home before you shop for a Mortgage? Buying a home can be a momentous decision, and the process can be very confusing for first-time homebuyers & even season veterans who don’t know what to expect as laws and regulations have changed the home buying process. I can guide you thru the entire process of buying a home and make it less daunting, and scary. By shopping for a Mortgage before you shop for a home. Even if your credit history shows some bumps and bruises, don’t despair. Many people who thought they may not be eligible for home loans have found out to the contrary, and even received favorable terms. Some home sellers will not go into a contract to sell unless a buyer is either pre-qualified or pre-approved by a mortgage lender. Being pre-qualified or pre-approved means that as a buyer, you have started the process of securing a loan to buy your new home. Be careful, though, because there is a big difference between being qualified and being approved.

Pre-qualification means that you have spoken to a mortgage lender, and have provided a summation of your financial situation, including salary, assets, and debts. The lender has reviewed the numbers and “pre-qualified” you for a loan based on the information you have provided. This pre-qualification is not a guarantee of funding, and you may or may not be able to secure funding once you submit your actual mortgage application. If you only talk to a lender over the phone, and do not submit any actual documents, you’ll likely be pre-qualified.

Pre-approval means that you have processed an application with your lender, and provided them with documents for verification of income, assets, and liabilities (or debts). Pre-approved loans are ready to go to underwriting, and are usually only pending the approval of the home you wish to purchase. Many sellers of existing homes insist that a buyer be pre-approved before accepting their offer, because with pre-approved buyers there is no waiting period, and they know that the buyer will be able to come through with the funds for purchase. In contrast, builders selling new homes are happy to work with buyers without forcing them to go through this pre-approval process. If you are already working with a lender, don’t be shy to give me call so I can price the same mortgage for you with less cost. What do you have to loose but your money?

My job as a Mortgage Banker is to ensure that you make the right choice for you and your family and I make it a lifelong goal by being committed to providing my customers with mortgage services that exceed their expectations. You can contact me by phone, fax or email for personalized service and receive expert advice from a Bank Mortgage Banker who is responsible for the decisions on all mortgages coupled with over 17 years of experience in the industry. I look forward to hearing from you! And making your dreams a REALITY.

Lowell Sterling
Mortgage Consultant
NMLS# 968898
LSterling@NewPennFinancial.com
http://WWW.NewPennFinancial.com/LSterling
5700 Granite Parkway, Suite 200 Plano, 75024
Office: 469-347-3572| Fax: 484-685-7757
Texas Lending By Texan For Texan
Without seeing it and knowing a lot more we could only guess.