Home Buying in Studio City>Question Details

Seana Abad, Other/Just Looking in Toluca Lake, CA

If I buy a house near Beeman Park, will the noise be completely unbearable? Including the traffic noise off

Asked by Seana Abad, Toluca Lake, CA Thu Jan 31, 2008

of Whitsett?

Answers

7
Nancy Sanborn’s answer
Hi Seana,
Noise is such a subjective thing. I suggest that you go to the property at different times of the day and night and see how it sounds. Also weather conditions can affect the noise levels so go over during a sunny time and a time when it is cloudy or raining. Also, remember that the noise inside will be less then the noise outside.
Good luck with your decision.
Nancy Sanborn
The Sanborn Team
Prudential California Realty
310-777-2858
Web Reference: http://www.sanbornteam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 31, 2008
Oops, one thing I forgot, take into account parking and traffic from the Library, which is right around the corner from the park, and, contact DWP to find out what improvements/projects are coming up in the area.
I suggest that you visit different streets around the park at a variety of times, including weekends and "after work." This should give you an idea of how busy the area gets and what the noise levels are like. For instance, I live across the street from an elementary school, and during drop-off and pick-up times, it's a zoo. However, I'm rarely home during those times, so the noise and traffic don't bother me.
It depends again where you will buy the house or condo at. There are some parts there that will get you some noise to your unit, but its not really bad.
I had many clients that purchased homes in that area and they have no complaints, they actually like the area and the neighbors.

Let me get you a free source for you to Look at properties that are available on the market just like a real estate agent does.

Click the link below, its a free service 100% free.

Good Luck
Hey Seana,

Since you know about Beeman Park, I'm assuming you've been by the park or at least know the area somewhat, correct? If not, you may want to google map Beeman Park, Studio City, CA and check out the nearby streets. Assuming you do know the general area, there are many streets within that Beeman Park Manor area where Whitsett noise is minimal; Babcock, Landale, Sarah, Milbank, etc. Even on the few streets that butt up to Whitsett, as long as your not the end house nearest to Whitsett, I wouldn't be worried about the traffic noise. Obviously, if you are very sensative to noise, you may want to consider houses West of Babcock or Beeman to avoid any Whitsett noise.

As both Dot and Mary mentioned too, if you push a few blocks North of Beeman Park, you risk hearing traffic noise from the 101 Freeway. In my experience, Whitsett & Moorpark do not generate too much traffic noise as they do minor traffic delays during rush hour periods.

Thanks and best of luck!!
~ jordan elias
Hi Seana,
I wouldn't be worried so much about the proximity to Whitsett as I would be to the 101. I guess it really depends which side of the park you are on. I work in this area. If you have any further questions please feel free to call or e-mail.
Mary Dignan
Keller Williams
Studio City
818-605-7880
marydigsla@aol.com
Hi, Seana. Beeman Park is a wonderful area. Are you looking at a property right on Whitsett?

I live on a street in Valley Village just 2 blocks north of the 101 and I can honestly say that the traffic noise does not bother us at all. Occasionally, if I am awake by 6:30 I can hear a little noise. We are also just a block south of Riverside Drive and we don't hear that traffic.

There are some wonderful windows available now for people who do not like to hear the outside sounds of traffic and airplanes. The windows are designed to block out the noise.

If I can help you in any way, please let me know. My office is in Studio City and we work the Beeman Park area all the time - there are some great deals available now!

All my best,
Dot
Web Reference: http://www.DotChance.com