Home Buying in Verona>Question Details

UWSNYC, Home Buyer in New York, NY

If I am looking for homes in the 450k range in Verona. What other towns are similar that I should look in?

Asked by UWSNYC, New York, NY Mon Nov 29, 2010

Answers

7
Robert Bruckner’s answer
There are a wide range of areas in Essex County that have homes for sale in the $450,000 price range. I have available information on all the communities in Essex County that I would be happy to share with you. I can also tell you how many properties are available in the communities that neighbor Verona within your price range. Once you have decided on the communities that you would like to look in, I would be very happy to assist you in your home search. I specialize in the Essex County area and know each of the communities quite well. For about $450,000, I think we might find something that you would really enjoy. If you'd like my help, my phone is (973) 901-1900 and my email is RBruckner31@gmail.com. Good luck with your home search. Robert Bruckner -- Coldwell Banker Caldwell Office
Dear Themartshall,

There are wonderful towns in the area and you are finiding a great time to buy! Verona is a wonderful town that is know for it's schools, the charming colonial homes, the park, easy commute and great place to go out in town or in the nearby town of Montclair.

If you are looking for great towns in this price range and education is top priority, than you can take a look at Livingston, the calldwells (West Caldwell, Caldwell and even some homes in North Caldwell). Cedar Grove, Roseland, Fairfield and even Wayne in Passaic county would provide you that on top of It's easy commute to NYC if this is something that you are looking for.

My partner Sharon and I worked with buyers in all these towns and if you are looking for some guidance would love to be considered. If you need more information about schools or other activities in the area feel free to check our website or give us a call.

Good luck and happy holidays,

Karen Abramson
917.294.0356
sharonandkaren@prudentialnewjersey.com
I see my colleagues have given you their answers. My own opinion is that these towns are more alike than different. Missing from their lists and yet might fit your style, unknown to any of us, is Montclair including Upper Montclair, Glen Ridge, Bloomfield especially the Oak View and Brookdale sections, Nutley where Martha Stewart grew up, West Orange. Give me a ring, we'll talk. Carl 973 632-8593
Hi Thernarshall,

With the recent decline in home values, there are many towns that offer great homes in the 450K range. Verona is a wonderful community with many great attributes. Other excellent options with simiiar traits such as small town, great schools, wonderful resources and services would include neighboring towns such as Caldwell, West Caldwell, Cedar Grove, and Roseland. Each town offers something different- so driving through the communities, and poking around the center of town and town halls will give you an idea of what it is like to live there. Having grown up in Verona and currently living in the Caldwells- I can certainly assist you with figuring out where you'd like in addition to Verona. As your relocation expert, I can give you the knowledge and information you need to make a well thought out decision. If I can be of assistance, don't hesitate to reach out!

Happy 'home' hunting- ( for a house is not a home until you put your heart into it!)
Lauren Orsini
Sales Representative
PRUDENTIAL NJ PROPERTIES
538 Bloomfield Ave
Verona, NJ 07044
cell: 973 650 1683
lauren.orsini@prudentialnewjersey.com

http://www.laurenorsini.com
Web Reference: http://www.laurenorsini.com
Themarshall,

As stated below, similar towns would be Cedar Grove, Caldwell, West Caldwell, North Caldwell, Roseland and maybe Fairfield. If interested in other Essex County towns, please visit: http://ginachiricorealestate.com/Communities_of_Essex.html which will give you a little "snippet" of each town in Essex County, including the ones referenced above.

By the way, Verona is a wonderful town and was ranked SECOND BEST Place to live in Essex County, New Jersey runner up to Caldwell, New Jersey which was voted The BEST Place to Live in Essex County by New Jersey Monthly in 2010. To view other Essex County towns in rank order, please visit thttp://ginachiricorealestate.com/EssexWestEssexHome.html and about 1/4 of the way down to the left you will see Essex County town in rank order and to the right you will see Essex County's Top High Schools.

In addition, please keep in mind that if you are considering West Caldwell, or West Orange and/or Maplewood, they are scheduled for tax revaluation in 2011 so the real estate taxes will change based on the new revaluations. Click on the link for Essex County's Tax Reval Cheat Sheet: http://activerain.com/blogsview/1843990/essex-county-new-jer…

Good luck. I hope you find this information helpful and should I be able to assist you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Lattimer Realty
Office: 973-575-6353 ext 17
Gina@GinaChiricoRealEstate.com
Verona is a great town...i have lived here almost my entire life. Some other towns with a similar "feel" that you can still find a decent house under $500K with reasonable taxes & good schools would be Caldwell or West Caldwell, Cedar Grove, & Roseland. If I can help you in any way.....feel free to contact me.
Although each town has its own unique characteristics and market performance, similar towns worth looking into are the Caldwells, Montclair, Glen Ridge, Maplewood, South Orange.

Best wishes,
Karin Carson
Keller Williams, Montclair
917-301-1681