Home Buying in Clarence>Question Details

cboujaoude5, Home Buyer in Clarence, NY

If I am living and working in a different country, is it still possible to finance a home over seas?

Asked by cboujaoude5, Clarence, NY Mon Nov 19, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Without many details--begin by consulting with any local licensed loan officer, and an attorney who specializes in real estate...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 20, 2012
If you are a US citizen seeking to finance a home in another country, contacting a national lending institute is a waste of time. A national lender is not empowered and has no presence to lend on real property outside of the US and/or its territories.

You must contact an international lender or a lender in the specific country where you currently live and work to determine if they will lend based upon your current status, i.e. work visa or dual citizenship.

Ron Fronckowiak
R & R Funding, Inc.
Web Reference: http://www.RandRFunding.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 20, 2012
It may be possible but you should really speak to someone from a national mortgage lending institute. Where do you want to buy property?
You may want to speak to someone at an international bank like HSBC, however, HSBC is not writing mortgages in Western New York. Let me know how you make out.
Joe Sorrentino - MJ Peterson Real Estate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 19, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer