Home Buying in Boca Raton>Question Details

boone2, Home Owner in Boca Raton, FL

If I am going to buy a property to build a building on it - who would I use to do a "due diligence report'?

Asked by boone2, Boca Raton, FL Mon Sep 10, 2012

Answers

4
Just a word of caution on John's comment - you typically can't apply for permits until you're the property owner.

Michele Burda, P.A.
1 South Ocean Blvd, Boca Raton, FL 33432
561-271-1581
mburda@mail.com
Don't be confused, you simply need to know if you can obtain a building permit in accordance with your desired structured within the local building and zoning regulations. Once you are familiar with the ordinances, make your offer contingent on obtaining permits.

The due diligence required is to make sure that you are not overbuilding, get some basic new construction sf pricing which can be easily done.

Any questions, please call John - 561-400-1700.
Just a word of caution - you typically can't apply for the permits until you're the property owner.

Michele Burda, P.A.
561-271-1581
mburda@mail.com
Flag Tue Sep 11, 2012
Nice. Sounds like your first stab at real estate development?
You will need an Architect and a Land Use Attorney. I am a licensed Florida Architect (as well as a licensed Florida Realtor) and my firm is located in Boca Raton. Visit our site when you have time http://www.ccsarch.com to learn about us...we do both commercial and residential work. I can recommend a couple of Land Use Attorneys.
As the Architect, we hire the engineers. My firm a terrific team for geotech, structural and mep.
We work with you to develop your design concept in tandem with what can and can not be built on the site and e develop the concept in tandem with your criteria. We assist you in developing your criteria in case you have no idea where to start.
Also, please be certain to interview several architects. Architecture and construction is a long processand involves a lot of trust. You need to 'click' with your Architect and vice versa.
Not all professionals are equal. We can discuss this over the phone or lunch if you like.
I agree with Michele that your lender might specify other criteria as well.
Also, I can help you find the property since I'm a residential realtor with Coldwell Banker in Boca. If it's a commercial venture then I can recommend some great commercial brokers.

Let me know if you want to get together to discuss.

Cynthia Spray, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP
Principal
CCS Architecture and Interior Design
2385 NW Executive Center Drive
Suite 100
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Office 561-981-2590
Cell 561-306-0768
cspray@ccsarchenter.com
"Due diligence" is a broad term that encompasses many different types of reports and studies, depending on the type of property and the intended use. It's your opportunity to make sure that the property is suitable for the purpose you envision. Start with an engineer, who can advise you regarding soil samples, environmental assessments, etc. Speak to a land use attorney who can advise you regarding municipal and county requirements regarding zoning, open space requirements, variances, etc. Check with your lender to see what studies they will require as part of your loan application.

Michele Burda, P.A.
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
1 S. Ocean Blvd, Boca Raton FL 33432
561-271-1581