Elizabeth, Home Buyer in 11570

If I am buying a home for 720,000 how much can I expect to pay in closing costs/fees in NY/South Shore of LI?

Asked by Elizabeth, 11570 Wed Nov 9, 2011

There are many creative ways to alleviate the expense of paying closing costs, fees, and escrows. Each home purchase varies from the next so I'd have to know more about the property in order to analyze which method will minimize costs the greatest.

It would be best that we speak so I can better understand your scenario and advise properly. I may reached directly via phone or email, whichever is more convenient. I look forward to helping.

Kind regards,

Paul Marzolla
Vice President
Direct: (201) 957-6768
Email: info@paulmarzolla.com

Licensed by New York Department of Financial Services
Member of NAMB - The Association of Mortgage Professionals
Member of New York Real Estate Investors Association
would also depend if you are getting a mortgage or not and if home is in a flood zone or has high property taxes.
Your question would be best answered by a loan officer or an attorney who has all of the information about you and your specific transaction. Each real estate transaction is unique. The time of month, concessions and bank fees will make a difference in the amount of money one can expect to pay in closing cost/fees. The Good Faith Estimate is a great tool. However, you must pay close attention to the word "estimate". If you need a great attorney or loan officer you can call me at 646 201- 0564 and I will provide you with a few names.
Elizabeth... only a mortgage officer can give you the best answer. Speak to your lender about the closing costs and ask for a Good Faith Estimate in writing.. that will be very close to the actual number.
I would figure in 4% to 5%.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 13, 2011
Part of the closing costs are the escrows for re taxes and homeowners insurance. Contact me with that information and I'll work up the numbers.
Ask your loan officer and or attorney for a good faith estimate; one can expect to pay any mortgage/lender related fees, attorney fees, title related fees, recording fees, homeowner's insurance, pro-rated costs, etc.
A good rule of them is to be prepared with 4-5% of the sales price and leave the room with some cash in your pocket and a smile on your face.

Congratulations on your new home!