Home Buying in Union County>Question Details

Gaurav, Home Buyer in Jersey City, NJ

Ideal town in Union County to buy a house (criteria mentioned below)

Asked by Gaurav, Jersey City, NJ Sat Jan 19, 2013

We are looking to buy our first house and have the following criteria:
- 3BD/2Bath minimum
- Price around $500-550K
- Shorter commute to mid-town Manhattan (within 1 hour by public transit will be great!)
- Decent schools

Any suggestions?

Answers

4
Greetings Gaurav,

To start, you can have a commute within an hour train ride to Penn Station from towns like Summit and New Providence. Check out the link below for NJ school rankings:

https://www.box.com/s/7c300516930c32f71a8e

Union County has some wonderful communities that fit your criteria-- Fanwood, Scotch Plains, Cranford, Berkeley Heights, and New Providence are just a few of the towns that have a good selection of homes in your price point and are within 1 hour commute into Manhattan. Feel free to call me to discuss further, and go over the available inventory. I look forward to hearing from you!
Gaurav,
One man's junk is another man's treasure. What is ideal to you may not be ideal to me or the next person.
It is up to you to research the towns and see which ones fit your criteria. It is time consuming and not easy, but if you are serious about finding your dream home in a great neighborhood you will find the work is worthwhile.
You can find some links to good websites that will help you in your quest on my website (link below).
Web Reference: http://www.DiehlHomes.com
Berkeley Heights, Cranford, Westfield, New Providence

Laquita Baez
Weichert Realtors
973.687.7095