Home Buying in Morris County>Question Details

Gaurav, Home Buyer in Jersey City, NJ

Ideal town in Morris County to buy a house (criteria mentioned below)

Asked by Gaurav, Jersey City, NJ Sat Jan 19, 2013

We are looking to buy our first house and have the following criteria:
- 3BD/2Bath minimum
- Price around $500-550K
- Shorter commute to mid-town Manhattan (within 1 hour by public transit will be great!)
- Decent schools

Any suggestions?

Answers

7
Why just Morris County?

You might consider some towns in Essex and Union counties, too, which, depending on the town, can offer well under an hour commute.

What's the highest you're comfrotable with as far as property taxes are concerned?
Hi Gurav,

As a former commuter to Mid-town, you have a choice of buses and NJ transit trains. As far as within an hour commute, you can research Florham Park, East Hanover, Chatham, Madison, Morristown, Morris, Parsippany, and Morris Plains. If you would like to start a search, feel free to click on my link below to get local market information on schools, values and find homes.
Gaurav,

You have a number of very good choices in Morris County. You can go to Pompton Plains which is approx 1 hr from Manhattan, Montville, Boonton Township and Parsippany which are all approx one hour away and have good schools. My office is based in Pompton Plains and I am an Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR). I have been working with buyers in the Morris County area for the past 10 years and would be happy to provide you with any additonal information you may need. Please feel free to give me a call at 201-259-5205
Hi- Morris County is a GREAT place to live !
A sample of towns that would fit your criteria are : Denville,Boonton Township,Madison,Chatham,Montville,Mt. Lakes.

If you send me your email address I will be happy to provide you with listings in those or any other towns.

Good luck !
Carolle Donofrio
cadonof@aol.com
973-960-8002 cell
Hello Guarav
As a lifelong resident of Morris County and a Top Producer in Kinnelon in Morris County, I know of a few towns that would meet your criteria-
When you are leaving Hudson County to move into Morris county- I am sure you will have many questions about the town and neighborhoods you will look at- beyond that- you will have preferences with the home you will hope to find so your personized search needs to be handled by an experienced Realtor who will guide you.
If you are looking for a train line town or bus line or an area that is not far from a Park and Ride, I know of quite a few to choose from. I would suggest that you call me to set up a meeting, a buyer's consultation. A great Realtor will sit down with you to discuss your needs and set up a search that works for you. They will also go over the process of buying a home right now and what to expect .
A great Realtor will take the time to go over details about your choices and help you find resources so you can look at options and feel confident about a town or neighborhood-
Kinnelon schools are noted in Newsweek and NJ Monthly has charted our High school as # 5 of the top 100 in the State this year - most agents would not know this-
Montville- Kinnelon- Denville- Morris Township- Madison- Chatham- Florham Park- Parsippany- Mt Lakes - Boonton Township- there are a few more- you need a great Realtor to help you and you need to do your own research too- let me know if you'd like to meet. Lynda
Chatham, Denville, Long Hill, may fit your bill and also select homes in Madison and Morris Plains,
as these areas either have trains stations or NY commuting options....

Laquita Baez
Weichert Realtors
973.687.7095
Madison, Chatham, Morris Township, Morristown.