Home Buying in Blackwood>Question Details

Bhrbru9@aolo…, Home Buyer in Blackwood, NJ

Icannot park my commercial vehicle in my driveway if i buy this condo in new jersey can i still get out of

Asked by Bhrbru9@aolo.com, Blackwood, NJ Wed Dec 19, 2007

i have not yet settled and have not yet gotten disclousure documents for condo in new jersey.can i still refuse to buy it. cannot park commercial truck in my driveway.

Answers

2
As all the other realtors have mentioned check with your attorney. Most residential condo and townhomes refrain owners from parking commercial plated vehicles.
Web Reference: http://www.agentjustin.com
Hi Bhrbru,

[disclaimer: I am not an attorney and am not offering legal advice]

If the condo has not provided you with the offering plan even though you were trying to get it, you can probably, with the advice of your attorney, get out of the deal. The offering plan is vital to your understanding of your legal obligation.

If it's simply a matter of you having forgotten to read the offering plan, then that "out" is not possible. But there may be other "outs". Check with your attorney. It is almost always possible to get out of a real estate purchase if you really need to.

Try to maintain a good relationship with the condo sales office. If you genuinely need your truck to earn a living, and they won't let you have it, they might just let you out of the deal. Or, you could get turned down for your mortgage because of insufficient income to pay the mortgage since the truck it is a vital part of your earning potential.

There's usually a way to get out of a deal. Sometimes you have to be creative.

-Marc
Web Reference: http://www.marcpaolella.com