Mary Ellen C…, Home Buyer in Long Branch, NJ

Iam looking to purchase a condo in West End of Long Branch, NJ. Is that neighborhood safe. How is the crime in the area?

Asked by Mary Ellen Camarda, Long Branch, NJ Mon May 21, 2012

Answers

8
Your question about crime rates are a commonly asked question of REALTORS. What you will find is that most REALTORS won't provide a direct answer. There are a few reasons for that. 1) What is considered safe is subjective. 2) Anything can happen anywhere, so anyone has a hesitancy to call an area safe, and the 1 out of 10K chance of something happening.....does. 3) Fair Housing Laws - both state and federal prohibit steering toward or away from any specific neighborhood.

While I am unable to provide you opinions on crime and safety, I can certainly provide you a few sources where you read statistics on the 07740 and West End area. I will, however, offer this additional comment. The zip, 07740, covers a large geography. The data will provide averages from the larger geographic area. It's always a good idea to spend time in an area and chat with people from the neighborhood.

I just placed a contract into attorney review today (literally....just a few hours ago) for a condo in West End, and have been in and out of just about every complex in the area. Based upon your criteria for size, price, style and condition, I might be able to make some recommendations.

Here are a few sites that might have helpful data for you:

neighborhoodscout.com
crimereports.com
homefair.com
spotcrime.com

Good Luck. LMK if I can further help you.

Deborah "Deb" Madey - Broker
Peninsula Realty Group
732 784 8450 Mobile
732 530 7755 Main
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 21, 2012
TKS!
Flag Wed May 23, 2012
Well said & great answer Deb, I agree with you. No need for me to duplicate the response.
Flag Tue May 22, 2012
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
I am a Real Estate Broker, and I have lived in the West End Section of Long Branch, for 11 1/2 years. It is a wonderful, family friendly, and funky, charming town. There are concerts every weekend in the summer. The restaurants are superb.
I would love to help you find a home that you will love, as much as I love mine.
Please call me: 201.281.6369

Fern Malka
Royal Realty Services LLC
M293131 - There's been a few condos purchased in West End section of Long Branch since your inquiry. I was wondering if you still needed more information about the area. ooking to help you, thanks. - John

http://www.jskronski.remax-nj.com
I am an agent in that area, and it is a safe place to live. Close to the beach, shopping etc. Call me if you would like any additional information.

Steve Porzio
Coldwell banker
732 691 1668
I am an agent right on Brighton Ave in West End and would be more then happy to help you. The area is great and a safe place to live.

Please contact me at 732-232-2670 or email me @ jsilvestri@degeorgerealty.com

Jimmy Silvestri
Web Reference: http://www.njagent4u.com
I am a full time agent in the area and would love to discuss the area with you . Please email or call anytime. Maria DelPriore Century 21 Ailor 732-768-4856
I have been living in the West End, south of Cedar Avenue, the past 7 years. If you are interested in finding out more about the neighborhood, please feel free to email me at jryanpalko@gmail.com. I can attest that it is a safe neighborhood and I know it very well. Hope this helps you in your search. John Ryan-
M - I am familiar with the area. I can speak with you privately about it. Call me at 908-601-4567. Thanks - John