Kosal, Home Buyer in 85268

Iam in process of buying a house the listing price is 169,900. The inspection will be there tomorrow 5-17-2010 @9:00 am. I google in 85268 single

Asked by Kosal, 85268 Sun May 16, 2010

home for sale. It was a different listing price it was 149,900.instead of 169,900. But I want to canceled the house inspection. I called my realtor there was a price change. I emailed it to her and she said it doesn't let her open her emailed. Can I canceled the house inspection tomorrow?

Answers

5
I just don't get it, Kosal.

Why in the world would you take your dilemma to a public forum like Trulia without first consulting with your own buyer's agent/Realtor?

Besides that, the asking price is basically irrelevant. what matters most are the recent comparable sales.

I would HIGHLY recommend that you get in touch with YOUR agent.

Best of luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 16, 2010
Kosal, talk to your agent. There are so many things online that you can't believe. The best thing to do is to get a MLS history report to see what the history is.
Web Reference: http://www.SearchAZmls.com
Talking with you agent that is representing is the first course of action that you should take. They can find out pertinent information for you regarding the the list price, offer price, comps, etc.

Just because you see on the internet that the home was listed previously for $149,900, doesn't mean a thing except that it was a previous asking price, nothing more. What does that mean? Sellers will sometimes list a home way under value if in a short sale situation to spark the interest of many buyers. Will it usually sell for a price that is substantially below market value? Typically not.

There are often times in a short sale situation where a bank will come back with a price that they approve and will be higher than the previous list price. The listing agent may have adjusted the for this reason. Another reason may be that it is now listed as a bank owned property or private sale and not a short sale, therefore a new owner and new situation commanding a different list price.

As for your inspection, consult with your agent about your situation and figure out what your course of action should be.

Web Reference: http://www.jameswehner.com
A home inspection is a right that you have as a buyer but not an obligation. If you don't want to have an inspection, you don't have to though home inspections are highly recommended. I hope you'll discuss this with your realtor who can guide you with regard to your options..
Hi Kosal. Please consult with your agent regarding the cancellation of your inspection. As agents who do not have a working relationship with you, the participating agents here on Trulia are not supposed to comment on specific events or transactions, simply give general advice and answers to 'general' questions.

Your agent can access the MLS directly, and can pull up the home you are buying and get the most up-to-date information available.
By searching our ARMLS website with the property address and/or the MLS #, it will pull up the property history and current data.

What you are seeing is likely 'old' information on a website that does NOT pull from our local MLS and update the info very often. Simply 'Googling' the address of the home your're buying or the Zip code is likely to give you information that is out of date.

I've had buyers pull up old MLS #'s and prices on homes from as long ago as one year, and it often gives conflicting information versus what is actually current and up-to-date.

Hope that helps!

Jim Mitchell
Century 21 All Star, REALTORS