Home Buying in Decatur>Question Details

Javahjuice, Home Buyer in Stone Mountain, GA

Iam buying a home Dekalb County Ga. and only have two weeks to do it all in, I need to know what is the best way to go about buying my first home.

Asked by Javahjuice, Stone Mountain, GA Fri Apr 12, 2013

Answers

11
Don Tepper’s answer
It's doable with all cash, so long as there aren't any title problems. Investors do it in that amount of time. Much less, though, and it becomes extremely difficult.

I notice no one has actually answered your question, except for Laura.

The most important thing, as she notes, is that you have to know what you want and can convey that. Then you need a Realtor with some patience and several totally free days. If you're going to buy in 2 weeks, you need to find something in the next couple of days. And that could mean looking from 8 am to 7 pm, or whatever.

I assume you're not going to have an appraisal. Especially in that case, make sure your agent provides you good comps so that you can be reasonably sure you're not overpaying.

You should have a home inspection, though. Try lining up a home inspector immediately--your agent can help you with that.

One other tip: Talk to the neighbors. You're not going to have a lot of time to really get to know the different neighborhoods. You'll have to depend on your agent and your own gut feel. But you can enhance that by actually getting out of the car, walking up and down the block, and talking to some folks.

thanks for that, have you ever heard of anyone buying on line without looking at the place,why I am asking is that, I am coming from out of state and my kids need something any thing for now to lay thier heads,I am already renting and don't wish to do that any more.
Flag Mon Apr 15, 2013
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
If you are determined to.buy in 2 weeks. Get off of Trulia and find a Realtor today or tomorrow to represent you. Be sure that you know what you want and that you can clearly articulate it. Also be sure you know what you can spend and what repairs you are willing to make. Still don't understand the rush even if you have cash. Take your time and make a good decision.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 13, 2013
I want to thank you all for looking out, I am paying cash and I do a 3-4 week stay
Umm...Some of these answers seem to be pushing you to make a decision. I don't care if you have cash or an amazing lender. Why don't you just rent and make you decision after doing your due diligence? It can't hurt!
If you are paying all cash, then you might have time to get a property under contract and close in two weeks. Any hicup in title and you will blow past that two weeks.

If you are obtaining a mortgage, be prepared for a 30-45 day closing timefram after you have a fully executed sales contract. While closings can occur quicker, no one can guarantee you any type of closing date. There are simply too many other factors involved that are out of a lender's control.

If you are looking to purchase a property, working with a knowledgeable and seasoned loan officer is critical in today's market. Getting Pre-Qualified is the only way for you to find out your mortgage options. To get Pre-Qualified for your purchase, you can submit your request online at http://www.rodneymason.com.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
hey Javajuice whats the rush??? but their are steps to take like getting pre-qualified by a certified lender and you should definetly get with a real estate professional. I know that area very well I also live very close by. I would be happy to help guide your home buying experience in the right direction. call or email me today

Kaylane Peters
Coldwell Banker South Gwinnett
Licensed in Ga. & La.
kaylanesellsluxury@hotmail.com
404-907-0798
The best way to go about doing anything is to not rush.

Get a grip on your motivation - who is trying to sucker you in to a rushed purchase?

Name 'em - I wanna know...
Web Reference: Http://intowninsider.com
I agree with the other agents. I work with a lot of First Time home buyers. This is a very important decision in your life and should not be rushed. This is an investment. When you buy a home, you should be prepared to love there at least 7-10 yrs. There are a lot of steps in the process and you have a lot to learn..Once you find a home it typically takes 30 days to close a loan. I have a book on buying your first home.e that you may find helpful. Give yourself 1-3 months to find and close on a home in the future.
I would rent too. You won't learn enough to make an informed decision. Get a 6 month lease and then start the process. You won't regret it.
Work with a qualified top accredited buyer representative agent and start the lender qualification. Contact me at mickeycarlton@comcast.net
Go rent a place:
2 weeks ain't gonna happen!